Operates recycling equipment that creates bales of aluminum bricks, and straps and stacks aluminum bricks. Transports aluminum materials to proper storage or transport areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures all equipment, guards, and safety devices are in place at all times, and follows safe work procedures and safety rules.
Stack and strap aluminum bricks to prepare for transport.
Operates standard industrial lift trucks to transport bales from the baler room to storage or scrap docks.
Operates 30,000 lb. coil lift truck to unload and transport aluminum coils with to correct locations and scans them accordingly, into the inventory system.
Understands the production process and corresponds with mgmt. leads, and coworkers accordingly.
Performs light mechanical adjustments on the baler as needed.
Operates gas and/or diesel pressure washer in safe manner.
Monitors equipment, processes, & spoilage intake, and reports problems to supervisor.
Follows all SOP's and communicates with proper personnel as concerns or issues arise.
Keeps equipment and all areas safe, clean, and organized through proper housekeeping.
Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications:In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 2-3 years previous forklift manufacturing/production experience
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good record keeping skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to understand and speak basic English.
- Must be Crown certified to operate powered industrial trucks.
- Must be able to work twelve (12) hour shifts, both day and evening.
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred
Working experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb, or balance.
- The associate may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic.
- The plant environment has a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is frequently loud.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Benefits: Crown offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/prescription/ life insurance and income protection benefits as well as a company funded pension plan, 401(K), stock purchase, tuition reimbursement and gainsharing programs. Also, as part of our Total Safety Culture, Crown is committed to the safety, health and well-being of all our employees and their families.
Interested? Take the next step in your career and apply online today at www.crowncork.com/careers
EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled: Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.