General Ledger Accountant
Box, Warsaw, Poland
A Cloud Content Platform for the Digital Age
We would like to invite a high energy, hands-on individual to join the EMEA Accounting team as a General Ledger Accountant. The primary function of this position is to ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly results in accordance with US GAAP. In addition, this role collaborates closely with Rev Ops, IT, Payroll and Work Place Services (WPS) teams. A successful candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a fast moving environment as well as the desire to contribute to a hardworking team dynamic, being a main point of contact in the local office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Month end close responsibilities include journal entries, reconciliations, cashflow forecasting and Flux reporting
- Clearing reconciling items in a timely manner by identifying and resolving incorrect entries
- Review Accounts Payable and work with other functions to resolve issues, including Purchase Order and Coupa inquires
- Work with external accountants locally and in other countries to ensure local statutory and tax compliance
- Responsibility for carrying out Coupa and Concur training to new hires
- Contribute to process & system improvements as Box continues to scale
- Maintain weekly pay runs, manual payments including refunds, expenses and referral payouts
- Monitor work for compliance with proper internal controls and SOX requirements
WHO YOU ARE
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or related field
- Preferable completed accounting qualifications (ACCA / ACA / CIMA)
- 2+ year of relevant experience preferred
- High-tech multi-national or SaaS based industry experience a plus
- Excellent communication, time management, teamwork and problem solving skills
Box is an enterprise content management platform that solves simple and complex challenges, from sharing and accessing files on mobile devices to sophisticated business processes like data governance and retention.
Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 41 million users and 74,000 businesses—including 59% of the Fortune 500—trust Box to manage content in the cloud.