Director, Global Finance People Business Partner
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa Global People Team is seeking an experienced People Business Partner to drive our people agenda efforts for the Global Finance organization. The right candidate for this role thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a strong desire to drive business results with a “roll your sleeves up” attitude. This is a great opportunity to join a world class brand at an exciting time of rapid growth.
Execute partnerships proactively, efficiently, and effectively with Finance Leadership Team partnerships in globally and in region, and Visa People Team Centers of Excellence.
Advise and coachleaders and managers on a variety of topics, including career development conversations, wellbeing, talent retention, also engaging with the appropriate centers of excellence in the broader People Team.
Be a thought partner and work with managers to proactively address problem areas, working collaboratively as applicable with colleagues on the People team
Build relationships with business leaders and be a catalyst in delivering people-focused solutions that support the specific needs of each business and overall business objectives.
Support the execution of People related initiatives, including Talent Planning, Annual Review, Compensation Planning, Goal Setting, and Development Planning
Establish a strong partnership with business leaders, utilizing the specialists in all areas of Human Resources, serving as a resource/consultant in strategic and tactical approaches for all Human Resources areas.
Work with business to create and manage workforce plans
The position is available to applicants from the following cities: San Francisco, CA, Foster City, CA, Austin, TX, New York, NY, and Atlanta, GA.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 12 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 8-10 years relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 4 or more years of experience with a PhD
• Experience with working with global teams in a matrixed HR support environment and the ability to work effectively across all levels of an organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build strong relationships and the ability to influence across levels within the organization.
• Agile thinker with the ability to be highly creative, innovative and future oriented as it relates to HR solutions.
• Ability to deal with a high degree of ambiguity and complexity with a growth and transformational mindset.
• Analytical rigor and facility with HR reporting tools (Workday, Excel, PowerPoint and Word), including the ability to interpret and tell a story with data.
• Ability to market, package and design programs a key plus.
• Hold high standards of client service and works closely to establish credibility with clients.
• Strong coaching ability.
• Collaborative and strong partnering orientation and focus on problem solving to achieve win-win outcomes.
• Ability to balance employer and employee advocacy.
• Manages work with a project and consulting mindset
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
• Demonstrate advance planning as well as excellent execution and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with high levels of accountability, and demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to manage workload and achieve results with minimal supervision.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.