Staff Release Manager– New Payment Flows
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
The VBS and VGS Program and Business Management team ensures high quality results, consistent project / program / business management processes, governance, and coordination. Additionally, the team drives agility / performance efficiencies by managing processes including portfolio, budget, workforce, and communications management.
The Release Manager reports to the Director in the Release Management team. You will be responsible for the Release Management lifecycle that involves the stages such as scheduling the release communication calls, kickoff calls, status calls, coordinating between different teams, and lesson learn calls for every release. This position is based in Austin.
A strong candidate will have a solid experience with technology/ product program management, release management, x-functional team leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, communications, processes, and change management. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or project plan tracker but ensures things get done. The ideal candidate must have a drive to get things done and a “make it happen” attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhance Release management process
- Coordinate the release scope with stakeholders
- Schedule the release communication meetings to discuss the release status with the team and find and remove roadblocks, if any
- Communicate the Release Communication on daily basis and call out the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected
- Make sure that the release checklist is completed according to the road map / features
- Conduct Release Readiness huddle meetings, kickoff meetings, release status meetings, release lesson meetings and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Coordinate with Product Reliability Engineering (PRE) and Dev team to document for the implementation timelines / release schedule
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the release observations, deployment timelines and checklists
- Schedule and lead the deployment status calls (internal and external) and provide detail status to project stakeholders
- Maintain documentation related to release process, release callouts and notifications
- Track and improve the lesson learned points related to the release management. Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Release Manager must be confident enough to manage up and provide reporting as well as meeting updates technology management as well as business management
- Coordinate with PRE team to come up with Release dates as part of Release planning exercise (Major, Minor, Infra) considering global holidays
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology, or other technical discipline or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience, as an Analyst, Technical Project/Program Manager or Developer, working with technical teams developing Enterprise class software applications.
- Project management skills with good knowledge of presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Project Management and SDLC principles and practices and agile frameworks.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in working of traditional agile methodologies, including Scrum, Waterfall, or Kanban
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document and communicate technical and business issues and solutions to appropriate organizational levels.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and manage one’s time.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.