Fintech - BIN Sponsorship Manager
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Digital Partnerships NA team pursues and manages third parties who are bringing innovative payments programs into the market. As part of growing payments through third parties, we also support the majority of the bank sponsors that sit behind third-party programs. Our mission is to support program managers, third parties, banking as a service BaaS providers, and corresponding issuers acquirers with tools and solutions that bring value to ready-funds and disbursement platforms and to secure new opportunities that help expand the market with new use cases that result in incremental network transactions.
The Fintech - BIN Sponsorship Manager will be a key member of the Fintech Enablement team within the Digital Partnerships organization and will play critical support role in managing and growing the relationships with our BIN Sponsor banks in the United States. To maintain the high rate of fintech growth across the payments ecosystem, this role is required to support a broad range of specialized activities including VAS sales with BIN sponsors other enablers as key distributors to the Fintech market, onboarding new sponsors, driving BaaS connectivity, new business development and acting as the SME supporting other issuer interest. The role will also support and grow our ecosystem and compliance oversight to ensure our expanding stable of fintech enablers and their 3rd party clients act responsibly.
- Manage key strategic relationships
- Advocate for and Drive strategic alignment between banks and all lines of business at Visa, including all issuing products Visa Direct, Merchant Acquiring, Agent Banking, ATM Acquiring, CyberSource and any new Visa products and solutions
- Sell in Value Added services directly to the banks as well as supporting the sales efforts to the Fintechs and Program Managers, and BaaS partners.
- Support other AEs in Issuer organizations regarding Digital Partnerships trends, business development, onboarding, education and frequently asked questions.
- Support fellow Digital Partnerships teammates and DPS SPS team in finding and creating sales opportunities and launching net new business
- Negotiate and renew all Visa commercial agreements with the BIN Sponsors.
- Collaborate with CS partners to support operational excellence and day to day support with your partners and 3rd parties.
- Participate in preparation of DPNA clients for the 8 Digit BIN Migration, slated for 2022. Develop client facing communication regarding the impact to our partners for the industry standard changing, and track processor readiness as it is reported internally to various stakeholders. Participate in North America 8 Digit BIN working group to represent and advise for the DPNA point of view.
- Drive key projects as needed, for example
- Project lead working with the Credit product team to ensure that the credit platform supports the flexibility and innovation of our fintech clients, working to improve the waiver process, running analysis on the client impact of Visa fee changes, reviewing Visa Core Rules for applicability and relevancy to our client base, and more.
- Develop a Fintech Engagement Toolkit, including a self-service process for new Fintech client engagement amongst various resources and departments within Visa.
- Work across business units and with cross-functional teams to identify relevant VAS offerings and develop a VAS Compilation Reseller strategy our Enablers
- Support the growth of the Fintech eco-system
- Strategize and help build the BIN Sponsor Center of Excellence and drive efforts to expand our global advisory role internally by exporting BIN Sponsor SME knowledge, aligning regions, creating rules and processes, and documenting best practices.
- Collaborate with internal Visa teams supporting teams who leverage the BIN Sponsor eco-system.
- Cultivate relationships with global fintechs processors who share interest in strengthening the BIN Sponsorship ecosystem in regions outside the US.
- Participate and drive engagement with US Regulatory bodies, FDIC OCC via the Risk and Regulatory Visa SMEs. Share knowledge and learn from the financial assessors in the US what guidance they provide to BIN Sponsors entering the market and understand how they determine best in class standards for BIN Sponsor Banks.
- Provide thought-leadership and help refine new business strategy ongoing includes interacting with product teams across the Visa organization as well as staying on top of key trends in the industry.
- Follow industry news and latest announcements that are meaningful to the business we support today and identify new payment trends to watch.
- Collaborate with CS and manage monthly quarterly reporting needs for DPNA business. Create and deliver Executive level summaries and dashboards depicting the business status in issuing payment volume, Visa Direct transaction activity, and merchant acquiring volume.
- Communicate trends and operational announcements regularly with clients via monthly and ad doc newsletters.
This position is open in the following locations: Denver, Atlanta and Ashburn.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 5 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
• Analytical skills with the ability to summarize and find insights from data
• Ability to independently lead and manage projects
• Adaptable to a variety of different work and projects
• Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
• Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Mobile and other leading payments innovation knowledge is beneficial
• Ability to coordinate internal and external resources and nurture cross-functional relationships
• Ability to negotiate business agreements and enhance existing and new relationships
• Knowledge of payment industry revenue drivers a plus
• Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting problem solving skills
This position has a minimum base salary of $insert minimum salary amount and a midpoint base salary of $insert midpoint of salary range. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.