Staff Data Engineer | New Payment Flows (Big Data)
Visa, Atlanta GA, US
Everywhere you want to be
New Payment Flows (NPF) division’s charter is to capture new sources of money movement through card and non-card flows, including Visa Business Solutions, Government Solutions and Visa Direct which presents an enormous growth opportunity. Our team brings payment solutions and associated services to clients around the globe. Our global clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Multi Nationals and Governments.
You will build data pipelines for new services and utilize data technology to integrate and process data at large scale. You will get the chance to leverage your business acumen and technical knowledge of big data and data mining techniques. It is expected that you have high attention to detail and quality. You will share the ownership of technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insights. You will be a part of a team of top-notch technical professionals building data pipelines and solutions at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence.
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end.
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) in/out of our Hadoop Data Lake.
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic data assets.
- Build and maintain robust data engineering process to develop and implement self-serve data.
- Perform other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
- Find opportunities to create, automate and scale repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users.
- Execute data engineering projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team.
- 5 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in production ETL pipelines, utilizing big data engineering techniques that enable solutions to solve business problems.
- Extensive experience with SQL and big data technologies (Hadoop, Python, NiFi, Kafka, Java, Spark, Hive etc.) tools for large scale data processing, data transformation.
- 6+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 +years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD.
- Knowledge of Kafka, Airflow, Spark Streaming for Building data pipelines is nice to have.
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, or other programs highly desired.
- Exposure in maintaining machine learning pipelines is good to have.
- Familiarity or experience with statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful.
- Strategic thinker and good business acumen to orient data engineering to the business needs of internal clients.
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, team oriented, energetic, and collaborative.
- Previous exposure to financial services or merchant analytics is a plus, but not required.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.