Senior Director, Global Transfer Pricing
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa engages clients globally through five operating regions, with regional headquarters located in San Francisco, Miami, London, Singapore and Dubai. Visa seeks a Senior Director, Transfer Pricing to join the tax department based at its Foster City headquarters to focus on supporting Visa’s global related party transactions. The candidate will report to the VP, Transfer Pricing, and will work with the headquarters and regional tax teams to develop, execute and manage Visa’s global TP strategy and processes.
The candidate should have extensive transfer pricing experience and be comfortable communicating directly with the business and finance teams at all levels within the Company and with other members of the global tax department. Visa’s transfer pricing group deals with all aspects of developing, executing and maintaining the company’s intercompany transfer pricing policies from intercompany agreements, collecting and gathering data & information, analyzing & setting arm’s-length prices, preparing transfer pricing reports/memoranda, assisting with audit defense, analyzing business and planning strategies, M&A integration, valuation and managing and working with outside advisers. Periodic travel to key offices will also be required.
Visa’s Global Tax department, a diverse group of over 40 professionals located in Foster City, California, London, Miami, Dubai, Canada and Singapore, enjoys high visibility and strong support from Visa’s executive leadership team.
Responsibilities for this position include support and assistance with transfer pricing planning, compliance, and controversy management. Responsibilities will include:
Partnering with the international tax teams and Visa business to identify, initiate and implement transfer pricing policies globally.
Updating, maintaining, and implementing worldwide transfer pricing policies.
Managing transfer pricing change and assist with developing new policies as new transactions are structured and new developments occur.
Managing transfer pricing compliance related to OECD consistent documentation, specifically Country-by-Country Report and Master File and Local Files. Scope of documentation work involves functional analysis interviews, information and data gathering, coordinating with and managing service providers and internal local and regional team members, and reviewing and editing reports for consistency around positions presented.
Managing local country transfer pricing disclosures ensuring accuracy of information reported and consistency with transfer pricing positions taken historically as well as in other transfer pricing documentation.
Managing various local country tax inspections, audits, queries and Company responses to requests from tax authorities.
Performing research and analyses to identify changes in transfer pricing law and developments which impact the Company.
Planning and negotiating transfer pricing positions with relevant government authorities under Advance Pricing Agreement, MAP or similar programs.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
• 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
• At least 8 years of progressive responsibility and leadership in transfer pricing in a transfer pricing consulting environment (e.g., Big 4 public accounting firm, law firm, or equivalent) or tax department of a Fortune 500 or equivalent corporation
• Strong understanding of finance, valuation and economic concepts
• Strong technical expertise in and understanding of US, OECD and local transfer pricing laws and regulations
• Excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations
• Detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated and takes ownership of projects
• Hard working, quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude and solid professionalism
• Work effectively in a team environment and partner well with people at all levels within an organization
• Solid project management skills and ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Enthusiastic, motivated and adaptable; assertive; intellectually curious; enjoys working in a fast-paced and exciting collaborative environment
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Finance Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US