Technical Accounting Manager or Senior Manager
Robinhood, US - Remote
See jobs at Robinhood
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a Technical Accounting Manager to join our Technical Accounting team. We are looking for someone with strong technical accounting skills, who is a great collaborator, and is passionate about delivering quality results and driving continual improvement in a dynamic, high-growth environment. The role will report to the Director of Technical Accounting as an individual contributor and provide technical accounting guidance on complex accounting issues and transactions as well as play a key role in understanding and adopting new accounting literature.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work cross-functionally on contemplated business transactions to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, debated, resolved, and appropriately documented in high quality technical accounting memos
- Research new accounting guidance from the FASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company’s financial statements
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, purchase price accounting and integration and preparation of filings related to acquisitions, as applicable, including the preparation of pro forma financial information
- Oversee the evolving product and market landscape, including international expansion
- Work closely with external auditors to address accounting for significant transactions
- Assist in the preparation and review of Company-wide accounting and finance policies, including the revision of existing policies and creation of new policies as new accounting standards are adopted
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA or equivalent required
- 6+ years of relevant experience in accounting and advisory whether in public accounting or industry, including technical accounting experience with Big 4 or a national accounting firm
- Experience at a broker dealer industry, fintech company or high-growth startup, preferred
- Excellent grasp of US GAAP, including: ASC 280 - Segment Reporting, ASC 350 - Intangibles - Goodwill and Other, ASC 606 - Revenue from Contracts with Customers, ASC 805 - Business Combinations, ASC 810 - Consolidation, and ASC 830 - Foreign Currency Matters
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to meet project deliverables
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- An ability to work well within a team structure and effect change cross functionally
- Critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and propose alternative approaches
- Experience building relationships and working directly with senior management
- Lifelong learner who is passionate about their subject matter expertise and emerging trends
CO Residents: In Colorado, the base pay for this position ranges from $106000 to $141000. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus and participation in Robinhood’s equity plan.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.
About us Robinhood is a new way to invest in the stock market. For more information about Robinhood, visit www.robinhood.com Zero-dollar ($0) commissions are available for Robinhood Financial self-directed individual cash or margin brokerage accounts that trade U.S. listed securities via mobile devices. Please see our Commission and Fee Schedule. Robinhood communications and communications emanating from its social media community are for informational purposes only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. The Robinhood website provides its users links to social media sites and email. The linked social media and email messages are pre-populated. However, these messages can be deleted or edited by Robinhood users, who are under no obligation to send any pre-populated messages. All market prices, data and other information available through Robinhood are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not reflect the views of Robinhood Markets Inc., Robinhood Financial, LLC or any of the subsidiaries or affiliates. All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security, or financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. There is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities, or other financial products. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. By posting wall comments on Linkedin, you agree to hold harmless Robinhood Markets Inc., Robinhood Financial, LLC or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates All securities and investments are offered to self-directed customers by Robinhood Financial, LLC, member FINRA (www.finra.org) & SIPC (www.sipc.org). Robinhood Financial, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robinhood Markets, Inc.