Visa Garage, Sr Product Designer, Design
Visa, San Francisco CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
We are The Visa Garage. We are building the next multibillion businesses at Visa
The Visa Garage is a unique entity at Visa, responsible for the exploration, incubation and launch of new business ventures. We operate independently to rapidly build, test, iterate, and scale ventures quickly. We are a team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, product developers and creators looking to build ambitious new ventures.
The team is looking for a highly motivated individual who would like to have a large impact within a disruptive company. The Visa Garage Sr. Product / UX Designer will support the ongoing incubation of multiple new business ventures within the Visa Garage including, uncovering intangible attitudes, behaviors, and motivations that drive people’s choices and desires, to developing impactful venture/business opportunities and platforms through empathetic design thinking. You will leverage knowledge of Product, Brand & Service design to ensure that these ventures are produced to their strategic intent. You will work collaboratively with lean teams composed of Entrepreneurs in Residence, Product Managers, and full-stack developers in an entrepreneurial environment. As a Sr. Product Designer in the Visa Garage, you will support the development of the brand and product design for a variety of ventures in conjunction with a design team. This position is best suited for a flexible, action-oriented person who is self-driven and thrives in ambiguous settings.
The Visa Garage is a start-up within Visa and a fast-paced team that requires designers that can inspire, coach others as well as be hands-on doers. You will be part of a highly collaborative environment
under a unified mission. You will be an inspiring person and part of a fellowship. We will be ramping up quickly so if you want to be on the ground floor in building something incredible, this opportunity is for you.
You will be responsible for:
Ideation of concepts
Support concept sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking
Plan, facilitate and produce deliverables from design thinking workshops
Contribute unique ideas within multidisciplinary workshops, meetings and immersion sessions and bring them to life through visual communication and strong written narratives leveraging your immersive, story-telling skills
Support the usage of divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products, services and/or physical connected form-factors
Support the convergence of innovative ideas to a set of digital and tangible products, services and/or physical connected form-factors in partnership with venture architects, product managers and engineering teams
Collaborative design and prototyping
Deliver concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes with Figma, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools
Plan and lead usability tests, as well as a full spectrum of generative, iterative, and evaluative design research activities, including surveys, interviews, tree tests and card sorting
Propose and execute on UX research roadmaps
Support the development and production of brand guidelines, design systems, online advertising, and websites
Support engineering with the execution designs to ensure intended customer experience
Communication and reporting
Communicate design ideas using techniques, including product concepts, service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps and/or infographics
Monitor and report of design OKRs and KPIs
Build a Strong Team Culture
Commitment to be part of an inclusive and collaborative team that values innovative and intellectually curious individuals
Contribute to creating a team culture that amplifies the Visa Garage’s mandate, champions innovation and embraces a startup mentality
Support the Customer Strategy and Insights team to develop hypotheses and the respective design research plans that help strategically frame, validate the hypothesis or challenge other forms of research
Work with design researchers to conduct qualitative and quantitative research investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research
Introduce trends and exemplars across a variety of emerging technologies
Bring research plans to life through the creation of personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories, and scenarios
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• Experience with digital product design, research, conceptual development, and demonstrated craft of design (industrial / graphic / behavior / HCI, etc.) Examples:
o Expertise designing, iterating and delivering web and mobile products
o Expertise in visual design, brand management, and prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe CS, and Zeplin
• Strong ability to convey concepts through storyboards, user flows, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
• Ability to communicate the process, approach, and impact of your design in verbal and visual presentation and an excellent storyteller
• Experience working in a corporate setting or for an agency driving digital transformation work
• Portfolio of diverse range of projects and work demonstrating:
o Human centered design capabilities
o Design Thinking approach to problem solving
o Prototyping and testing skills
o Future visioning and strategy development
o Behavior design methodologies, marketing content strategy and/or operations process design
o Story telling ability in distilling complex narratives for different audiences
• Ability to absorb and process large amounts of information and synthesize into key insights
• Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, is able to ruthlessly prioritize and identify the most important item to focus on
• High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new teams and projects, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
• Organized and comfortable creating and executing workplans
• Strong EQ and presence, and ability to collaborate cross-functionally with people from various teams and various backgrounds
• Must be self-motivated, have a bias-to-action, and be comfortable with ambiguity
• Enthusiastic work ethic and able to solve problems with balance of independence and well-solicited input
• Ability to inspire and influence those around you, even without direct management responsibility, proven success influencing senior stakeholders, and decision makers
• Intellectual curiosity a must, payments or technology industry knowledge and cross-border transaction experience a significant plus
• Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to launch and scale new businesses
• Be SWAN: Smart, Works Hard, Ambitious and Nice!
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.