Senior Director, Franchise Expansion, Visa Direct Global Market Expansion Solutions
Visa, Miami FL, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa Direct is a payment service that allows clients (sending and receiving financial institutions, processors, merchants, and service providers) to facilitate money movement between Cards, Bank Accounts and Wallets around the world using faster payments technology. Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfers, Business to Consumer (e.g., gig economy payouts), funds disbursement (e.g., insurance claim disbursements), and more.
The Visa Direct Franchise Expansion Senior Director will be responsible for leading efforts for originating, structuring, and executing global strategic partnerships/alliances, and bespoke commercial deals with the world’s leading payment companies. The Visa Direct Franchise Expansion lead will work closely with Sales, Finance, and regional and M&A teams to spearhead and oversee commercial deals that are highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature. Additionally, he/she will drive pipeline development, evaluation, and execution of commercial agreements with companies that are well positioned for investment through Visa Ventures. The role will operate globally, covering each of Visa’s key regions including North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Central Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Lead market research to help identify investment trends and opportunities related for Money Movement
Develop and help drive the roadmap for Visa Venture portfolio companies that operate in the Money Movement space
Serve as the mid-senior-level main point-of-contact for new and existing digital partner companies that could be potential investment opportunities for Visa Direct.
Evaluate opportunities by gathering information on the target companies, researching potential competitors, evaluating the target company’s technology, assessing potential synergies or overlaps with existing Visa capabilities, etc.
Perform high level valuation analyses via modelling and prepare internal company profiles along with investment summaries
Identify, engage, and structure commercial terms and support in developing the investment rationale for potential Visa Ventures investments.
Develop and execute the team’s FinTech strategy, in collaboration with Sales, for the Money Movement space with a focus on driving commercial engagements with up and coming, high potential FinTech startups. Particular focus on growing payment/endpoint credentials, increasing market penetration for Visa Direct and improving product capabilities within key verticals such as wallets, neo-banks, payment enablers, etc.
Identify and engage with next-gen ecosystem players (e.g., BaaS) across the financial services and digital commerce value chain with which Visa can partner, invest, or acquire.
Engage with cross-functional (Finance, Sales, Ventures, Legal, etc.) to ensure that Digital Partner, FinTech, and Ventures initiatives are structured and executed within scope and on time.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
• 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
• Demonstrated success in identifying, executing, and managing strategic partner relationships. Experience with digital companies preferred, but not required.
• Ability to think “future state” and engage with high-growth digital companies through complex commercial deals, all while deepening the partner relationship with key decision makers.
• Experience building sound business cases, partner account plans, strategic plans relevant to the market, and multi-year partnerships.
• Deep understanding or significant interest for/of the global digital/FinTech landscape, key trends, players, and ecosystem implications in Money Movement globally.
• Strong understanding of Visa products, solutions, and capabilities with the ability to embed this understanding into partner discussions, commercial agreements, etc.
• Ability and experience in presenting and influencing senior leaders without fear of challenging the status quo.
• Ability to build and nurture relationships at the founder/management team level with FinTech companies, Digital Partners, etc.
• Excellent partner-facing communication and presentation skills.
• A track record of working cross functionally and delivering measurable results, while managing internal and external stakeholders.
• Hands-on, entrepreneurial, and nimble, while also able to navigate a globally matrixed environment
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.