SimilarWeb, New York, NY
We are the standard for understanding the digital world
Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3800 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas. We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more. In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We’re looking for an Assistant Controller to manage all of the US subsidiary financial and accounting aspects. This role will report to the Company’s Corporate Controller
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
The Assistant Controller will hold sole responsibility US month-close processes as well as any other financial/accounting operations.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the Finance team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Independently perform monthly close process to ensure timely reporting, including preparation of journal entries and flux analysis
- Support US salary operations and reporting including preparations of journal entries
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings including sales tax in multiple states, corporate tax returns and informative filings
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Participate in the preparation of accounting manuals, internal controls for accounting systems, financial procedures and instructions
- Support the preparation of the consolidated and annual financial report, quarterly financial report and other related complex accounting reports for the company
- In charge of proper implementation of company’s processes and policies in the company’s offices across the country (expenses, travel, etc.)
- In charge of local AP operations, including: vendors, credit cards and payments, including support of the relevant AP team’s work
- Assist with FP&A and senior management requests, budgeting/forecasting queries and analysis
- Ad-Hoc projects
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting, CPA a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience in US-GAAP
- Start-up experience with hands-on attitude and abilities
- Experience with NetSuite ERP software highly preferred
- Familiarity with Avalara & Expensify
- A self-starter that can work independently and under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Results orientation; Provides high quality results
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize workload
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - written and verbal
- Accurate and detail-oriented with high level of analytical and professional skills.
- Passion for innovative solutions and process improvement. Seeks solutions in automation.
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
About the team
Our finance team is located in Israel HQ offices and in NY, managing all accounting related matters globally for all the company’s locations, including payroll, tax and regulatory compliance, reporting and many more. As we are a “one stop shop” for accounting and finance, we take pride in our professionalism in multiple disciplinary areas, our knowledge sharing between the members of the team and most
importantly our warm (and fun) work relations. Every member who will join will feel right at home and find out how much we learn from each other, and we are looking forward to enriching our family!
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.
This position may be based in one of several locations. If your position will be based in SimilarWeb’s New York City office or will require travel to the New York City office, your offer will be contingent upon proof of COVID-19 vaccination, as required by the New York City Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene.
About us SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb’s solutions provide customers with insights to help them understand, track and grow their digital market share. With our insights businesses, agencies, marketers and analysts can benchmark performance against competitors, reveal competitors online strategy, discover new opportunities, identify emerging trends and understand consumer intent and journey. SimilarWeb has thousands of customers and works with some of the largest global brands including Google, Walmart, AirBnb, HSBC, adidas and eBay. Our team is spread across 8 global offices and includes over 350 employees and counting. We bring together the industry’s top talent to create a product that will transform the way that businesses make decisions. We believe in a bottom up approach, wherein every role has the power to create impact and offers opportunity to grow with the company.
Want to learn more about SimilarWeb? Visit SimilarWeb's website.
Finance Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US