Director, Software Engineering | B2B Payables & Acceptance
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
New Payment Flows (NPF) division’s charter is to capture new sources of money movement through card and non-card flows, including Visa Business Solutions, Government Solutions and Visa Direct which presents an enormous growth opportunity. Our team brings payment solutions and associated services to clients around the globe. Our global clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Multi Nationals and Governments. The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) and Visa Government Solutions (VGS) team is a world-class technology organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand products into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. This is an incredibly exciting team to join as we expand globally.
B2B Payables & Acceptance is part of Visa Business Solutions vertical of Visa’s Technology organization. We are responsible for designing, developing and implementing Virtual Cards, payables & acceptance commercial platforms to drive incremental revenue. We develop new offerings/products and enhance existing Visa Business Solutions product lines including Commercial data processing, B2B Payables & B2B Acceptance platforms. We are looking for Director of Engineering to join our B2B Payables team based in Foster City, CA.
In this leadership opportunity, you will lead B2B platform/product development team to directly impact the solutions delivery with engineering excellence, payment systems, data engineering re-architecture, product research, experimental designs, metrics innovations and adoptions to enable us strengthening every area of the business.
You will pursue these challenges as a senior technical thought leader and work closely with product/technology organizations, client services, operations, and program management office. In addition to leading a world-class team, you will influence business and technical strategies to help us solidify our Visa’s vision and continue our quest to revolutionize the future of B2B payments at scale.
What You Will Do as Director of Engineering:
- Responsible for building a strong B2B Payables team for commercial products and solutions.
- Inspire and lead your team to deliver strategic and novel approaches that help optimize Visa’s approach to growth, the client-facing products, and streaming payment processing and guide ongoing product decisions.
- Partner with business for market research across the B2B transaction eco system to understand the key impediments to Visa’s acceptance for commercial transactions.
- Grow and expand your expert team with an eye toward diverse and forward-pushing skills that span data engineering, experimentation, and building of resilient solutions.
- Build an inclusive team culture that is innovative and collaborative.
- Lead strong partnerships key stakeholders including product management, engineering, design, and operations.
- Engage in technical and functional discussions with all engineering teams with strong interpersonal and organizational skills to effectively manage multiple work streams.
- Enjoy having a strategic impact at all levels, including interacting with other leaders on tangly issues and applying strong judgment and analysis toward important business decisions.
- Articulate with both technical and business partners to create effective frameworks to aid the discussion of complicated topics.
- Naturally conscious of who needs to know what and proactively seek to share important context accordingly
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong application development experience in Java/J2EE, big data Hadoop ecosystems, open systems, and data science.
- Mentor, coach, manage and motivate a high performing team of senior engineers, managers (including managers/director-level) and set clear priorities to achieve goals and KPIs.
- Executes the vision of B2B payables, ensuring delivery of differentiating products/services for Visa and Issuers/ Partners.
- Establish COE for B2B Payables Hub strategy at Foster City location for B2B VBS team.
- Provide technical leadership responsibilities and improve engagement in leading/inspiring teams in their performance and responsibilities
- Extensive cross organizational collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing and driving execution using agile methodologies
- Evangelize developer productivity solutions and systems across all teams to drive more adoption.
- Lead feedback/influence high end technical designs into core product strategy, roadmap and go to market.
- Establish best practices in client application development using engineering excellence, for incidents/change/problem management globally.
- True adherence to Visa Leadership Principles (VLPs) with excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills.
- Experience in Payments or Commercial B2B products is preferred
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Finance Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US