Project Manager - IT projects and programs - Payment/Finance Processing
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Builds high performing teams, inspires team members, and demonstrates leadership skills
- Collaborates with business sponsors and technology subject matter experts to define scope and delivery strategy for solutions
- Leads technical teams to assess requirements, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce Technology Project Charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Perform project planning and scheduling, manage tasks and coordinate project resources to meet objectives and timelines
- Provide leadership to large, global, cross-functional teams to deliver solutions involving multiple teams and applications
- Mentors/coaches project managers to elevate their performance
- Anticipates change and identifies ways to overcome challenges and constraints to keep project activities on schedule to meet or exceed business partner expectations
- Takes initiative to exhaust all avenues to resolve issues/problems before involving management escalation
- Works with minimal direction able to resolve most issues independently
- Provides clear, concise communications to project stakeholders Summarizes relevant facts for senior management and delivers with executive demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to manage through influence
- Executes through ambiguity and guides path to clarity
- Set clear expectations with business partners to provide transparency into project initiation activities, and manage day-to-day interaction during project execution and delivery
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
- Provide high quality customer service and communicate project status (timelines, progress, and challenges) to Technology and business stakeholders regularly
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including enterprise architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management
- Manage project budgets effectively by ensuring forecasts and actual charges are in line with approved bids and project expenses are effectively controlled
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls
- Support PMO management with annual planning, program funding approvals, and program and project reporting functions.
- As a global organization, there may be need to take attend calls/meetings after/before standard office hours during the week.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Educated to at least A-Level or equivalent professional experience
• Knowledge and experience of IT and ideally Network Processing
• Experience working on payments system projects desirable
• Prince 2 Foundation or equivalent qualification
• Scrum Master experience and qualification desirable
• Experience of supporting on small to medium complex IT projects/programs with multiple stakeholders with different and often conflicting needs
• Experience and knowledge of the Project environment, practices and processes
• Experience of requirements collation and management
• Experience of information/data analysis and preparation of succinct analysis reports
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent MS Office Skills
• Methodical approach and good eye for detail
• Strong administrative skills
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Finance Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US