Senior Staff Software Test Engineer
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa’s Value Added Services (VAS) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants, and developers.
As Senior Staff Software Test Engineer within Visa VAS you will lead test engineering teams in the development, test, and deployment of complex solutions that process millions of transactions per day worldwide. The candidate must have a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the components or domains they are responsible for. We are looking for experienced technical leaders to interact with business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the quality and delivery of large-scale technology initiatives. Senior staff software test engineers exercise independent judgment and take ownership of deliverables with no supervision. Candidates need to participate in design and development grooming meetings and make test development decisions based on best practices. You are expected to fill in for managers, as needed, thus supervisory responsibility is required, to include peer code reviews, delegation of tasks, managing bug triage and escalation of critical issues.
Lead team of test automation engineers to plan, write, execute, and refactor manual and automated test cases
Experience is setting up automation framework for UI and/or API based testing
Serve as Subject Matter Expert for product lines and implementations
Partner with multiple project stakeholders in establishing best practices
Review and manage configurations, builds, branching, and deployment issues
Work with product and development leads on requirements and implementations designs
Implement best-fit automation framework using automation tools like Selenium/Cucumber
Lead root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion
Review and provide feedback on development code, test designs and test cases
Communicate status frequently to senior management
Lead cross-group and internal customer feature demos
Document process, designs, test results, and analysis
Provide guidance to team members. Review and evaluate codes developed by team members to ensure delivery of highest-quality code.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• 4+ years of technical leadership experience
• Bachelor’s in computer science or other related degree
• Proven track record of Risk mitigation, Cross team collaboration with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to identify the gaps in the system and provide technical solutions
• Hands-on test engineering and automation experience in UI/API automation using Java/Spring, Soap UI, Selenium
• Extensive experience in design & development of applications on multiple platforms (Linux and Windows), using Open Source products and cloud technologies.
• Ability to do root cause analysis by going through the server logs (linux)
• Developing comprehensive test and quality plans, debugging and testing scripts and tools.
• Work with Engineering Managers to drive process improvements and improve team efficiency
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of API and UI functional, automation, performance, and security testing along with familiarity of industry wide tools such as Rest Assured, SOAPUI, Cucumber, Selenium, etc.
• Good knowledge of SQL and DB concepts.
• Experience in Mobile application automation across Android and iOS.
• Experience in Selenium/Appium.
• Knowledge of iOS tools, technologies - Xcode, TestFlight, Apple developer ecosystem, AppStore
• Experience working with CI/CD.
• Experience using Android SDK, Android Studio, Eclipse IDE, Gradle, Microsoft AppCenter.
• Knowledge on building mobile application tests using any preferred test automation framework and testing it across local and cloud based mobile devices.
• Be a technologist - confident of writing code/script to test applications or build test frameworks across different technologies.
• Passion for delivering high quality software products.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects.
• Experience of working with distributed global teams.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Finance Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US