Associate Manager, Talent Recruitment - Outreach
Uncommon Schools, Newark NJ, US
See jobs at Uncommon Schools
This role steers the strategic direction for our outreach strategy in Camden and Newark, including school-based instruction and instructional & operational leadership. They are responsible for training, developing, and managing two Talent Recruiters in Camden and Newark. To ensure Newark and Camden schools have strong pipelines, they will support strengthening our local and national partnerships by creating new recruitment initiatives, attending career fairs, and facilitating professional development sessions. Additionally, they will serve on the Outreach Leadership Team, supporting the Director of Outreach in establishing the outreach strategy, vision, and goals for all 5 regions and support with the rollout and execution of Recruitment’s KPIs and OKRs.
- Leads Newark and Camden outreach (planning, vision, and goals) for sourcing school-based staff
- Serves as New Jersey subject matter expert, creating a regional talent recruitment strategy and cultivating a positive regional culture with RSOs, RSIs, principals, and DOOs.
- Manages local and national HBCU and HSI outreach (planning, vision, and goal setting), which includes management of 5 talent recruiters who execute initiatives
- Develop, build, and strengthen new and existing regional relationships to attract quality teachers, operations, and school-based leaders
- Assess data to adjust New Jersey and team-wide outreach strategies, support recommendations, and drive outreach decisions
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Familiarity with Recruitment tools and platforms (Handshake, Symplicity, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, TFA Connect)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 30% National Travel
- 40% Regional Travel (NYC, Camden, Newark)
- 30% Local Travel
Work Location & Schedule
- Reports to Home Office or Newark Regional office 3 days out of the week
- Working hours are 9 am - 6 pm
- Expected to host and attend events outside of standard business hours (i.e., after 5 pm and some weekend obligations)
Our people are what make us uncommon. It’s important to us that our compensation practices align with our values and enhance our ability to attract and retain talent. Our compensation philosophy is focused on equity and fairness, retaining our talented staff and valuing their expertise, and transparency and clarity.
Compensation for this position: The starting compensation for this role based in Newark, NJ and is between $82,500k - $97,000k and generally, we expect that qualified candidates in this location will be made an offer between $82,500k and $87,300k. The starting pay will depend on a variety of factors that may include but are not limited to experience, education, training, certification, and location. Because we value staff staying in their roles over time, we do not currently cap salary ranges.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
About Uncommon Schools
Uncommon Schools starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college At Uncommon Schools, our classrooms are named after colleges because that’s where our students are headed. We are a nonprofit network of public charter schools in New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our 53 college-prep schools consistently rank among the highest-performing in their home states for three reasons:
We know all students have what it takes to go to college. We are fiercely committed to cultivating the intellectual curiosity and grit that will spur their success in the classroom and in their communities. We create and constantly fine-tune our systems to help teachers teach and students learn. We know that without great teachers and leaders, nothing else matters. We also know there’s no limit to learning. That’s why people development is at our core.