thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world’s largest resale platforms for women’s and kids’ apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. In 2018, we extended our platform with thredUP’s Resale-As-A-Service (RaaSⓇ), which facilitates modern resale for a number of the world’s leading brands and retailers. thredUP has processed over 125 million unique secondhand items from 35,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How You Will Make An Impact
thredUP is looking for a seasoned talent acquisition leader excited to help us attract, engage and retain exceptional talent for our operations team. We currently have 3 distribution centers (DCs) and 2 processing centers (PCs) nationwide, 1700+ team members, and we’re launching our flagship DC in 2022 which will scale to more than 2,000 employees. If you are eager to apply the science behind high-volume recruiting in an innovative, technology-driven organization, keep reading.
Our operations team is the lifeblood of thredUP and recruiting is a core driver of their success. You will thrive in this role if you pride yourself on being a business leader first and talent acquisition leader second. This role is respected as a leader who partners with hiring managers to uncover, understand and assist in hiring the right (best) talent for the future of our business.
The Director of Talent Acquisition will also lead the next phase in talent attraction for our DCs and PCs as we continue to evolve our unique and proactive recruitment strategy. You will maintain a laser-focus on quality over quantity, knowing the pitfalls associated with hiring “butts in seats.” You will lead talent acquisition projects, develop performance metrics, and build an employer brand as part of your formula to consistently deliver against headcount goals. You maintain a high sense of curiosity, a sense of humor and the ability to celebrate both the big and small wins with your team.
In This Role You'll Get To:
- Provide leadership to the Operations Talent Acquisition team as well as the wider People Team, including creating scalable programs, leveraging business and technology expertise, and displaying outstanding people management skills.
- Build effective and trusting business partner relationships with DC General Managers, PC Operations Managers, People Directors and the broader DC leadership team.
- Develop and launch new recruiting strategies to support hiring goals while quickly pivoting when priorities change.
- Maintain a sharp eye on local market and industry trends to propose recommendations to business leaders and/or adjust recruiting strategies.
- Be the calm in the storm. You know how to exemplify a strong sense of urgency to reach hiring targets while providing support and leadership to your team during high pressure situations.
- Develop processes for assessing our company values in each prospective new team member.
- Work with People Team colleagues to ensure consistent onboarding practices.
- Design and ensure our talent acquisition and recruiting processes are aligned with employer brand and diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives.
What We're Looking For:
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, recruiting, candidate experience, employer brand building and on-boarding initiatives, specifically in high-volume, hourly workforce environments.
- 10+ years of relevant recruiting experience, 5+ years of people leadership experience in a high-volume environment.
- Deep understanding of the industry, our business, and the ability to anticipate the impact of talent on the future success of the company.
- Previous experience developing recruiting performance metrics and leveraging data for storytelling.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining strong relationships with leaders at all levels of an organization.
- Experience building and leading a distributed workforce.
- Experience with recruiting tools and systems such as Lever, Workday, Accurate, GoodHire,Grayscale, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.
- Prior work experience in a late-stage start-up or public company preferred.
What We Offer:
- 4-day work week with Fridays off
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + stock
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 13 company holidays
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”
- RaaS - Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021
- 2021 FORTUNE Change the World Finalist
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team.
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.