Gusto, San Francisco, CA; Denver, CO; New York; NY; Remote
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
Gusto is looking for a Technical Recruiter to come join us and help build our Engineering organization to and through our next phase of growth!
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto is looking for an experienced technical recruiter to help us scale our engineering teams. As part of Gusto’s Recruiting team, you will make a deep impact on Gusto’s hiring strategy, build our engineering teams, and coach & mentor new team members.
Our ideal hire has already successfully recruited at scaling technology startups (or agency) and is eager to take on the challenge of rapidly growing our company. Our recruiters are typically strong relationship managers with experience influencing both candidates and hiring teams to make well-informed, data-backed decisions, as well as strong sourcers who know how to engage with a broad talent pool in engineering, capturing the attention of strong software engineers in other companies.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build trusted and long-term relationships with hiring managers and key stakeholders and coach them on hiring best practices
- Manage full cycle recruitment process from sourcing to onsite interviews, offers and closing candidates
- Source qualified candidates, review resumes, and pre-screen candidates while moving the interview process forward in a timely manner
- Drive offer approval, extension, and negotiation
- Effectively communicate Gusto’s mission and culture, and help candidates understand impact and value to the engineering culture
- Proactively contribute to improving Recruiting at Gusto by challenging the status quo and providing useful suggestions for improvement
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience as a full-cycle recruiter with focus on Engineering Recruiting
- Technology knowledge (different coding languages/technical stacks/terminology)
- Knowledgeable with ATS system (Greenhouse) - you believe in meticulous candidate notes and know that excellent database hygiene leads to accurate reporting
- Flexible and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
- Bold and self-aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with
- Exceptional project management skills, independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Startup experience is a huge plus
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $61,000-$128,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $77,000-$151,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.