bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
People Team at Bloom & Wild Group
The People Team at Bloom & Wild Group supports our team members globally through a mix of business partnering and global centres of excellence. We put people first and process second, and alongside many others, are the custodians of the Bloom & Wild Group culture.
The People Team focuses on:
Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding: Continue to be known as having an excellent recruitment and onboarding process and finding exceptional quality new team members.
Talent Development: Continuously improve our Talent Management strategy, linking role performance and impact to career development in a clear, honest and fair manner.
Diversity & Inclusion: Creating a culture of conscious inclusion, belonging and progressing our diversity journey across our core pillars of gender, ethnicity, disability & neurodiversity, sexual orientation, multi-generational, religion and social mobility.
HR Infrastructure and Employee Relations: Continually evolving our ways of working and people infrastructure (policies, systems, contracts) in line with growing operations.
Culture and Engagement: Continuously identify ways to improve team engagement and wellbeing by enhancing and promoting our culture and environment.
Learning and Development: Continuously coaching and developing the entire Bloom and Wild Team to enable them to achieve their objectives and be successful in their roles.
Business Partnering: Partnering with leaders across our business to develop an organisation and talent agenda to support the needs of our whole team, including many high growth business functions.
The role & ways of working
We’re looking for a Recruiter to join our People team in Amsterdam and lead on hiring across our Operations functions, which includes our Flowers, Buying, Customer Service, Logistics & Fulfilment and Warehouse teams. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and driven recruiter to have a real impact on our business from day 1. You’ll be passionate about creating best in class candidate and hiring manager experiences, and excited to work in a fast-paced, innovative and international team.
Reporting to our Talent Acquisition Lead in the UK, you’ll work closely with line managers in a variety of functions, to deliver on hiring needs.
You will be responsible for:
- Work with hiring managers to understand recruiting briefs and agree selection criteria and roadmap.
- Create and publish roles on our ATS (Lever) and relevant job boards.
- Seek out talent through a variety of direct channels including Linkedin, social channels and more.
- Management of candidates throughout our selection process, ensuring timely communications and feedback.
- Support our hiring managers with screening calls and ongoing interview co-ordination, ensuring a best in class experience throughout.
- Provide meaningful and timely feedback to candidates.
- Update weekly reports.
- Own the quality of data within our ATS and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and manage our Talent Pool.
- Look out for opportunities to elevate our employer brand through a variety of channels including events, networking, social media and through every interaction with candidates.
- Support on projects across the team as needed.
- 1-3 years’ recruiting experience gained within a results focussed environment. Experience or understanding of operational / warehouse manufacturing functions would be ideal but is not essential. We’d love to hear from agency recruiters who are interested in making a move in-house!
- You love recruiting and are able to engage with candidates in a way that creates excitement and interest in joining our team.
- You have experience of searching and making direct approaches to passive candidates and enjoy exploring new hiring channels.
- You have high emotional intelligence and the ability to adapt your style depending on the situation.
- You have experience of working with applicant tracking systems.
- You are passionate about enabling Diversity & Inclusion in recruitment funnels.
- You’re a super organised, comfortable working at pace and on changing priorities while maintaining a sharp eye for detail.
- You love to learn and often take initiative to improve things.
- You’re a great communicator in both English and Dutch.
We're a distributed team with two office locations in Amsterdam and London, and warehouses in Amstelveen (NL), Bergkamen (DE) and Nuneaton (UK). Our team can choose to work from our offices or warehouses as they see fit, though we’d love our new recruiter to be available to spend regular face-to-face time with our team and stakeholders in the Amsterdam office and warehouse.
We work hard to create a working culture of inclusion for our team working from office and home locations, so whether you need to be at home for school pickups or want to spend time together with your co-workers, we’ll do our best to make your experience a good one!
Additional bloomon benefits:
* A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
* Daily fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our lovely lunch chefs (Amstelveen)
* A flexible and entrepreneurial environment
* Friday drinks and social events
* Happiness days - 4 extra days off per year for your personal “me-time”
* Of course, lots of beautiful fresh flowers!
* Living in the Amsterdam area? You have a possibility to lease a VanMoof
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home at bloomon.