Voleon is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, we have led our industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. We have become a multibillion-dollar asset manager, and we have ambitious goals for the future.
Your colleagues will include internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced technology and finance professionals. The people who shape our company come from other backgrounds, too, including concert music performance, humanitarian aid, opera singing, sports writing, and the submarine service. You will be part of a team that loves to succeed together.
In addition to our enriching and collegial working environment, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, technology talks by our experts, a beautiful modern office, daily catered lunches, and more.
As a Senior Technical Sourcer, you will report directly to the Head of Recruiting and support hiring in areas such as Engineering, Research, Data Analysis, and Systems, with some flex for hard-to-fill searches across the business. As an expert at building pipeline, you will adjust to our exceptionally high hiring standards and develop effective strategies to engage talent at that level. You will contribute more broadly by owning firm-wide talent strategy and sourcing-related processes and initiatives, and ultimately becoming a "Center of Excellence" for sourcing that makes the whole team more effective. As a firm with exceptionally high people standards and a low external profile, Voleon relies heavily on sourcing and values this function highly. This role is a means to make a difference: your efforts will supercharge our growth and help shape the future of our organization.
- Directly source a rich pipeline of rarified talent across a portfolio of searches
- Partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and pitching strategies
- Institutionalize our talent strategies and outreach content broadly to make the whole team more effective at sourcing
- Take ownership for firm-wide sourcing and talent strategy-related processes and initiatives, such as new search launches and talent market evaluations, search recalibrations, referrals pushes, large systematic sourcing drives, organizing our biweekly team sourcing sessions, and piloting new approaches to find and attract key talent
- Mentor and help organize the efforts of recruiting team members to ensure we’re sourcing effectively to meet our hiring goals and exceptionally high quality standards in a sustainable manner
- Own the candidate experience and make it a positive and memorable journey, even for candidates who do not join us
- Maintain and improve a high-performance recruiting process tuned to delivering outstanding quality of hire in an efficient, diligent manner
- At least five years of talent acquisition experience with demonstrated expertise in sourcing top technical talent
- Track record of making substantial contributions at the team level, including mentorship, process improvement, and contributions to institutional knowledge and recruiting content
- Eagerness to work with diverse, highly talented teams
- Bachelor’s degree (a plus)
- Authorization to work in the United States
The base salary range for this position is $115,000 to $175,000 in the location(s) of this posting. Individual salaries are determined through a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography. Base salary does not include other forms of total compensation, such as bonus compensation and other benefits. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and AD&D insurance, 20 days of paid time off, 9 sick days, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
“Friends of Voleon” Candidate Referral Program
If you have a great candidate in mind for this role and would like to have the potential to earn $7,500 if your referred candidate is successfully hired and employed by The Voleon Group, please use this form to submit your referral. For more details regarding eligibility, terms and conditions please make sure to review the Voleon Referral Bonus Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Voleon Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
The Voleon Group has implemented a policy requiring all employees who will be entering our worksite, including new hires, to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. This policy also applies to remote employees, as such employees will be asked to visit our offices from time to time. To the extent permitted by applicable law, proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. This policy is part of Voleon’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and community, and to support public health efforts.