Contract Technical Recruiter
Velodyne, San Jose, CA
LEADING THE WAY
At Velodyne LiDAR, we are empowering the world of autonomy and mapping as the inventor and world-leader in real-time, 3D LiDAR sensors (light detection and ranging). We are a post-IPO startup that is exploding with growth, and we need your help to take us into the future. This is a regular full-time role to assist us in our rapid growth.
As a Sr. Technical Recruiter, you will be growing our technical organization looking for both Software and Hardware engineering positions as well as operational roles as needed.
You will help shape the future of the company, by sourcing and attracting the best candidates in the industry. You will have a major impact on our talent strategy and be part of a team that is looking to raise the bar. The talent of our team will determine our success, and you will be the focal point making sure we get the right people. We need you to passionately share our company's story, vision, culture and technology that will make candidate say “Where do I sign?” while making them feel like they’re the only one you’re talking to. We also want you to generate internal referrals by working with our employees to utilize their network and connections. The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands-on deck" environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a growing, changing culture.
We value great sourcing and communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking. You should be someone who embeds themselves with teams and is a strong consultative recruiter that holds the candidate experience sacred but be a hard-nosed recruiter at the core. You should creatively search for qualified candidates, reach out to recruit and network, and penetrate professional, social, start-up, investor and entrepreneurial communities to find the best talent.
Required Skills and Experiance :
- 10-15+ years of recruiting experience, preferably with start-up experience and mid size company exposure
- Must have very strong technical recruiting experience (H/W, S/W, Op’s…)
- Great selling and closing skills
- Proven experience finding the best talent in Silicon Valley and beyond
- Good ability to build pipelines from scratch, over and over again to find the absolute best people for the team
- Be able to manage the candidate process and act as a candidate advocate
- Great customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to work with management up to the executive level
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Friendly/outgoing personality. You like to have fun and laugh
- Must be a good team player
Preferred Education, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Green House systems experience (ATS, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Enjoys fast paced environment and changing landscape
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.