Senior Recruiter (Fixed Term)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles or New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; original pop culture and entertainment programming through Complex Networks; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
As a Recruiter, you will report to the Manager of Talent Acquisition and help to implement recruiting strategies to identify and attract qualified candidates for the BuzzFeed business organization, including the sales team, affiliate and commerce teams. You'll partner with leads across the organization to evaluate candidate experience, the recruiting processes, and source qualified candidates on a global scale. You will draw on knowledge of Talent Acquisition and technology, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners. You are known for being exceptional at candidate generation, client/account management, and organization.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting, sourcing and building relationships with candidates, creating positive interview experiences, and managing the offer process in a high-volume recruiting environment.
- Help to create a global sourcing strategy that builds diverse candidate pipelines across our industry and levels.
- Complete market research to understand where external talent pools exist and work collaboratively with our teams to work on diversity sourcing initiatives to tap into those talent pools.
- Analyze data to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future diversity sourcing strategies.
- Identify external organizations, local events and conferences that help create new sourcing channels for both our short-term and long-term hiring needs.
- Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline and promote BuzzFeed's employment brand
- Contribute to BuzzFeed Careers' social media presence on Twitter and Instagram
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
- 2+ years of recruiting or sourcing experience
- Experience utilizing various sourcing methods to identify and connect with talent.
- An understanding of the entire recruiting life-cycle and the ability to operate within each stage.
- Proficiency using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, and networking with candidates at all levels of an organization.
FYI — job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
This position may require you to be in the office or be in close proximity to other employees once our offices fully reopen in 2022.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.