Technical Talent Sourcer (Infrastructure & Backend Engineering)
Canva, New Zealand
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
What You'll Do:
- Hands on identification, selection, and engagement of technical talent utilising boolean wizardry, search engines, GitHub, StackOverflow, and other platforms and communities - LinkedIn should be the last resort
- Work alongside recruiters, coordinators, and hiring managers to deeply understand requirements of the role, the technologies in use, and overall structure of the engineering organisation
- Build talent pipelines and act on market intelligence, referrals, events, and targeting mapping and sourcing campaigns
- Screen resumes and conduct candidate interviews to determine role fit and eligibility (for visas, relocation, etc)
- Track pipeline activity to measure performance, find opportunities to increase efficiency, and to share with internal stakeholders
- Promote best practices for data integrity, auditability of our ATS, and work with recruitment operations to streamline processes
- Embody the company values: Be a good human, Pursue excellence, Empower others, Make complex things simple, Set crazy big goals, and Be a force for good
Who you are:
- Knowledge of modern development stacks, the differences between them, and a general interest in software product development
- At least 1 year of technical sourcing experience in an in-house recruitment environment or a search firm
- Experience working alongside recruiters and hiring managers to develop sourcing strategies, market maps, and recruitment campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience with boolean searching across multiple information sources, databases, search engines, and online communities
- Experience approaching, pitching, and engaging passive candidates
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Experience (preferred, not required)
- Previous experience recruiting in the Site Reliability, Developer Productivity, Security, Build/Deploy, or Observability domains
- Experiencing sourcing and pitching candidate relocation; basic knowledge of the mechanics and requirements of the Australian TSS visa subclass
- Working with recruiters and hiring managers across different geographies and offices
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfasts and lunches for us each day!
- A Vibe and Thrive allowance that covers personal education, wellbeing, social connections and home office support.
- In house gym
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events + fun and quirky celebrations
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.