University Programs Recruiter
Cloudflare, San Francisco or Austin
Help us build a better Internet
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you would do here
Our focus is getting the best people to work at Cloudflare and then allowing you to do your best work. We our growing our university and early talent recruiting efforts! You will be managing and supporting programs related to recruiting - from university recruitment, diversity initiatives, to employment branding. As the company continues to expand, you will help grow our programs across our offices globally and partner with all departments including Engineering, Sales, Product, and more to support their hiring goals.
- Partner closely with business leaders and hiring managers to build cohesive strategies to recruit early talent for their teams and meet their hiring goals.
- Develop campus strategies to attract student talent from diverse backgrounds for full-time and internship roles in all functions from engineering to G&A. This includes setting up career fairs, info sessions, virtual events, student office visits, campus interviews, relationships with school departments, professors, administrators, etc.
- Manage high volume candidate pipeline and recruit candidates from beginning to end including the offer process.
- Manage global internship program and processes by planning social activities, talks, and following up on feedback, and ensure a great internship experience.
- Build strong relationships and trust with our partners (recruiters, hiring managers, leadership team, etc.).
- Lead and execute medium to large scale recruiting or diversity conferences from beginning to end (examples: Grace Hopper Conference, AfroTech, TAPIA, NSN).
- Support, research, and drive on-going and new diversity initiatives to increase pipeline of people from underrepresented communities in tech. This includes office events/meetups, partnerships, programs, etc.
- Manage campaigns to grow Cloudflare’s employment brand on campus through innovative tools, platforms, and programs.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 3+ years of experience in University Recruiting or relevant experience.
- Full-cycle recruiting experience (including closing candidates at high volume).
- Resourceful to navigate and find creative solutions in ambiguous environments.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with high level of EQ.
- Comfortable with public speaking in front of large audience.
- Data-driven and detail-oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Excels at working on open-ended problems and running them to completion.
- Available to travel <30% of time.
- Social media skills to help build university brand is a plus!
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Recruiting Jobs For You
Recruiter - Talent Sourcing & Strategy (Mid to Senior)
Bungie, Bellevue, WA / Remote CA, FL, IL, NC, TX & WA