People & Talent Acquisition Associate (m/f/x)
HelloFresh, Japan, Tokyo
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh we love food, and our mission is to change the way people eat forever. That change comes conveniently packaged in a box - a HelloFresh Box, filled with the best fresh ingredients. With our meal boxes with easy to cook recipes and fresh ingredients, we are driving change in the quickly evolving food industry.
Hiring and engaging highly-sought-after talent is at the top of the agenda for HelloFresh. We are looking to grow our HelloFresh People Team to help expand the company through a period of rapid growth. You’ll be exposed to a lean and fast-paced working environment surrounded by smart, passionate people. As our new People & Talent Acquisition Associate (m/f/x) you will be hiring excellent people from junior to senior levels and work closely with many different hiring managers and leaders located in Japan and across the globe to deliver on one of our most important objectives: attract and retain the best talent to HelloFresh.
You should be results-driven and solution-orientated, whilst tactical and sensitive when dealing with stakeholders. If you are passionate about people/talent acquisition and looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving, very international environment that will challenge you, we would very much like to meet you.
What you’ll do
- Strengthen our employer brand and ensuring we provide an exceptional end-to-end candidate experience at all points of the recruitment lifecycle
- Help current team with all recruitment-related efforts: resourcing, managing data in our ATS, post jobs, maintain job boards, schedule and conduct interviews, communicate to line managers about hiring progress, create offers etc.
- Source and attract the best candidates to join the Japan launch team across Marketing, Operations, Product and other business functions
- Take a creative and strategic approach to recruiting, developing and improving our sourcing strategies for both active and passive candidates
- Help executing a values-based employer branding & engagement strategy, exciting internal and external audiences together with our launch team
- Assist the leadership in providing day-to-day performance management guidance ranging from career development through to coaching and counselling
- Provide support and advice on People(HR) related issues to employees and line managers
- Work closely with People team stakeholders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Support in shaping our employee engagement strategy and help resolve complex employee relation matters
- Identify business and personal development needs and introduce new learning formats in collaboration with the L&D team
- Leverage people analytics data to drive change and support key stakeholders
What you’ll bring
- BA or Masters Degree with excellent grades in HR, Organizational Development, Psychology, Business or another related field of study
- Experience in a high-performance and fast paced environment(consulting, hyper-growth, start-up); and in a data-driven way is a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to deal with a broad range of challenges
- Highly self-motivated individual with a hands-on mentality
- Ability to work and prioritize essential tasks in a very fast-paced environment and proactiveness in the face of ambiguity
- Strong relationship management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions and cultures and in geographically dispersed teams
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude, and confident working with stakeholders on all levels
- A natural “people’s person” with great communication, interpersonal skills, and good levels of emotional intelligence
- Strong alignment to the HelloFresh brand, values, and culture(below)
- Speed & Agility: We make quick but informed decisions, we iterate, reiterate and move faster than everybody else. We get things done here.
- Prioritization: We stay laser focused and prioritise even if there are 100 things that require our attention. We always start with the most important task on our list, set ambitious deadlines, and meet them anyway.
- Egoless Environment: We operate in an egoless environment, where we want you to speak up and challenge the status quo.
- Learning Never Stops: We value those with a mindset that learning never stops, who always seek to better themselves and those around them, on both small and large scales.
- Data Driven: We are data-driven because data is our vehicle to learn and to make decisions based on fact rather than gut-feeling.
- Language Skills:
- Japanese: Fluent
- English: Business Level
Nice To Have
- 3+ years of experience in People/HR or Talent Acquisition/Recruitment field
- Experience working in an inhouse People function
- IT savvy, professional skills with the entire Google/Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Highly organized day to day, able to handle multiple tasks and projects at once; self-organization is key
- Experience managing relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Experience managing relationships with a variety of external vendors and partners
- Proven experience with various People projects (i.e. Onboarding, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Workforce Planning) across the entire employee lifecycle
What we offer
- An entry to mid level opportunity for new graduates with internship experiences, those coming back from MBA or other educational courses, and for individuals with 3-5 years of working experience looking to apply their business skills in a start-up or food-tech company
- Great opportunity to get started in Talent Acquisition, as well as learn and develop a highly sought after career in People operations
- The chance to have a serious impact in one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the world; at an exciting growth phase in Japan (first office in Asia)
- Direct, high impact on our operations setup from day one
- A vibrant, international environment with mission-driven colleagues
- A guaranteed steep learning curve and boost for your career
- Challenging opportunity with plenty of room for personal growth
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice and the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, and Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly and we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets and brand portfolio, but also in new geographies and new brands. Join us and play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 15,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 15,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.