Senior Recruiter, Business
Justworks, New York, New York
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are eager to take a deep dive into the ins and outs of an organization. You know how to build a solid pipeline of candidates according to company goals and culture. You are friendly, responsive, and are confident in your ability to leave potential hires with a positive, lasting impression.
As a Senior Recruiter, you will be an integral part of Justworks’ long-term growth and success. You will leverage your understanding of full-cycle recruiting, from sourcing to hire. You will experiment with new and unexpected tactics in your sourcing approach, rather than stick to traditional best practices. You will create custom outreach and meaningful candidate engagement while partnering with our managers. You will be closing candidates to meet company goals, while maintaining the high standards and value-driven culture we've built to date.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Conduct full lifecycle recruiting including sourcing, screening
- Create and implement strategies for candidate and stakeholder experience
- You will be a data driven thought partner to internal stakeholders to help them navigate the recruiting process and make intentional and thoughtful hiring decisions
- Identify and implement creative sourcing strategies that will drive talent to open positions and create a robust pipeline at all levels inclusive of diversity
- Partner with your dedicated business to create and implement a strategic recruiting strategy that align with business goals
- Identify, plan, manage and attend internal and external recruiting events
- Participate in and/or lead projects involved in process improvement, culture, communications, development, etc.
- Mentor and coach Junior Recruiters on the team
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Recruiter, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Decision quality - makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward, relying on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of experience recruiting in a corporate capacity, some agency experience is a plus
- Experience conducting full lifecycle recruiting with successful track record filling all types of positions in a tech company
- Experience working in a high-volume recruiting environment
- Strong track record of sourcing diverse candidates
- Excellent research/sourcing skills
- Experience using Greenhouse preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and natural ability to establish trust and credibility
- Results-driven and metrics-oriented
- Resourceful and able to proactively anticipate needs and provide solutions
- Self-starter, comfortable with a rapidly changing office environment
- Interested in entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
They are passionate about helping small businesses succeed, and this is reflected in everything they do. In fact, Justworks was founded to help entrepreneurs focus on what matters most: growing their businesses and creating better places for people to work.
Justworks employees enjoy a collaborative and welcoming environment, where transparency and openness are encouraged. Along with access to rich benefits, a prime NYC location, and no shortage of dogs at work, you'll learn from some of the brightest and influential thought leaders in the startup community.
If you want to grow in an entrepreneurial environment, build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, then Justworks may just be your place.