Talent Recruiter - Outreach (Brooklyn)
Uncommon Schools, New York NY, US
See jobs at Uncommon Schools
The Brooklyn Outreach Recruiter will serve as an Uncommon Schools ambassador and conduct local and national searches to identify diverse, high-quality teachers and operations staff for our 24 K-12 Schools in Brooklyn, New York. The ideal candidate is an innovative strategic thinker who takes initiative and ownership of responsibilities, project deliverables, and tasks.
- Demonstrate and articulate a detailed understanding of the Uncommon Schools mission
- Build and implement targeted strategies that attract diverse quality teachers and operations staff
- Partner with leaders from various non-profits, colleges, and universities to plan and implement on-campus recruitment events and initiatives (career fairs, information sessions, panels, professional learning, etc.)
- Strengthen regional and national relationships with social impact organizations and talent agencies to increase awareness of the Uncommon Schools brands
- Identify and develop initiatives to source diverse talent from historically underrepresented groups
- Use recruitment tools (SmartRecruiters ATS, resume databases, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, Handshake, and spreadsheets) to source high-quality talent
- Build and sustain systems and processes that lead to more efficient sourcing of candidates
- Write creative and compelling communications to promote career opportunities to target audiences and move partners to action (professors, faculty, AmeriCorps staff, mission-aligned organizations, etc.)
- Uses data to adjust outreach strategies, support recommendations, and drive outreach decisions
- Collaborate with school leaders and Selection recruiters to assess short and long-term talent needs and trends
- Travel 30% to local and national events as well as other Uncommon regions to engage with high-quality candidates
- Perform other related duties as needed
- You are committed to our mission to prepare students for success in college and beyond
- You develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate goals, strategies, projects, and initiatives
- You can manage multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You have a proven ability to take multiple perspectives to solve challenges in real-time
- You leverage data to inform practices and build short-term and long-term goals
- You collect and apply input from managers or team members to achieve strong results
- You proactively self-reflect and self-assess workstreams
- You bring strong attention to detail and use time and task management systems to stay organized
- You are familiar with Google Suite products such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You have a demonstrated passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive college or university
- Experience as a full-time, K-12 teacher in an urban environment or AmeriCorps experience is preferred
Uncommon Schools offer salaries commensurate with experience and generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, a laptop computer, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a hardworking team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community by creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
About Uncommon Schools
Uncommon Schools starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college At Uncommon Schools, our classrooms are named after colleges because that’s where our students are headed. We are a nonprofit network of public charter schools in New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our 53 college-prep schools consistently rank among the highest-performing in their home states for three reasons:
We know all students have what it takes to go to college. We are fiercely committed to cultivating the intellectual curiosity and grit that will spur their success in the classroom and in their communities. We create and constantly fine-tune our systems to help teachers teach and students learn. We know that without great teachers and leaders, nothing else matters. We also know there’s no limit to learning. That’s why people development is at our core.