Location: Portsmouth, VA
Position Title: Physician - Medical Evaluator (Independent Contractor)
Position OverviewParticipate as a medical expert and advisor on the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. Consult with and advise other healthcare professionals in managing patients' medical and treatment. This Board compiles and reviews all medical documentation and forwards it to the Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV). The SECNAV sends it to the Physical Evaluation Board for review and approval. The contract Physician will not perform any voting or chairing functions relating to the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB).Provide a full range of medical duties covering diagnosis, disability, and processing/determination. Clinically assess patients and review medical records to determine the medical need for further clinical evaluation. Determine clinical diagnoses based on available data and plan/implement a course of treatment.Qualifications
* M.D. or D.O. and successful completion of postgraduate training.
* Must have a valid, unrestricted medical license in at least one state, territory, or commonwealth of the U.S.
* A minimum of three (3) years' experience as a Primary Care Physician within the last five (5) years.
* Be board-certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine.
* Must have a current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
* Must be a U.S. citizen.Work ScheduleForty hours per week, Monday through Friday, between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Shifts will normally be scheduled for an 8.5-hour period, to include an uncompensated 30-minute lunch break. At the mutual agreement of the contractor and the government, alternative schedules, such as a compressed work schedule, may be implemented.recblid ovxnav7ook1y1sfpuv03hge176strc