Smith Turf & Irrigation is the leading distributor and retailer in the golf, grounds and landscaping industry. We offer a comprehensive selection of equipment, irrigation and landscape accessories and supplies, irrigation design, equipment service shops and mobile service technicians.
Since 1925, Smith Turf has built an unmatched reputation for outstanding customer care, service and support across North and South Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee. STI is a family owned business that believes in working as a team and fosters a family oriented culture.
Customer service representatives (counter sales) are seasoned professionals with extensive knowledge around equipment, irrigation, and landscape accessory products who assist walk-in and call-in customers through the entire sales process. They are fueled by dedication and play a critical role in upholding our reputation for exceeding our customers' expectations.
What You'll Do
• Be an expert for our full time store operations, focusing on LPG and TCE products
• Ensure every customer interaction is marked by promptness, professionalism, and precision
• Answer customer queries regarding our wide range of products, including equipment, landscape products, and applications
• Handle the sales processes efficiently, from order entry to inventory management, scheduling deliveries, and assisting with product pickups
• Establish and nurture transparent communication channels with internal teams, guaranteeing timely product delivery
• Work with external sales representatives to enhance growth in LPG and TCE sectors
• Play a role in keeping the branch showroom and yard tidy, organized and welcoming
Skills We Are Seeking
• Minimum of 2 years' experience either in a retail or wholesale, with preference for experience in lawn care applications, equipment, and irrigation
• Familiarity with power equipment, lawn care products, irrigation, landscape lighting, and drainage applications
• Demonstrable skills in inventory management systems. An openness to embrace new technological skills is essential
• A proven aptitude for delivering top-notch customer service experiences
• A keenness to learn, adapt, and implement new technologies and mythologies
• Ability to make swift and effective decisions
• Capable of routinely handling items weighing up to 50 pounds
• High school diploma or its equivalent is required
• Competitive Compensation
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Employee Referral Program
• Opportunity of Advancement
• Paid Training and Certifications
• Free Counseling Services- EAP
• Product Discounts
• Weekends Off!
STI is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. All employment decisions at STI including those relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, placement, and termination will be made without regard to race, color, national origin, genetic information, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religion, age, veteran status, uniform service, pregnancy, disability, or any other factor protected by applicable law.