CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 39 countries employing over 29,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
CROWN’s Food Division is a leading manufacturer of food cans in North America. Our complete array of food packaging serves a variety of markets, including fruit, vegetables, dairy, fish, meat, ready meals, pet food, infant milk powder and other dry food products. We offer a wide selection of food cans from round to bowl as well as shaped cans. We truly focus on excellence. Here is your chance to join CROWN’s Food Division.
Location: This position will support CROWN Food Division customers in the Midwest United States.
Position Overview: This position is a field technical service manager who will spend the majority of their time traveling to customer facilities to troubleshoot processes, investigate product quality issues, and conduct trials in a food manufacturing environment. In this role, one will serve as the primary technical contact for customers and will be the liaison among customers, Crown Sales, R&D, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing. Training is provided and the employee will report to a senior technical manager with extensive experience.
- Providing problem-solving leadership on technical and quality matters relating to food can and end performance
- Managing the overall technical interface between the Food Division and their customers
- Support customers in all technical aspects of the business including current packages and new package development
- Develop and manage technical meetings between the Company and customers to discuss ideas, issues and solutions
- Interact directly with customer and internal manufacturing operations
- Partner with the Company’s Sales, R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing divisions to develop strategies and action plans for both current customers and potential new customers
- Extensive travel (Up to 80%) will be required to service customer needs
**** This position will be eligible for a company car****
The ideal candidate would possess the following attributes:
- BA/BS degree in Food Science, Engineering, Packaging or a related discipline
- 5+ years in a packaging manufacturing environment, food production or a similar industry.
- Experience interfacing with customers in a technical capacity; field testing, qualification trials, claims management, etc.
- Experience with double seaming technology, various food canning equipment and troubleshooting associated problems is highly preferred but not required.
- Effective communication skills are needed for this role, both verbal and written as well as the ability to interact with customers and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects to completion
- Self-motivated and eager to take the initiative; with the ability to work effectively in a team setting and as an individual
- Well organized and detail oriented with good time management skills
- Strong PC skills are a must, especially using Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Committed to on-going personal development and career growth
- Knowledge and/or certification in Six Sigma is a bonus
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Will be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting in a plant environment as well as in an office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is frequently loud.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Crown offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as company matched 401(k).
Take the next step in your career and apply online today at www.crowncork.com/careers.