Senior Staff Software Engineer - NodeJS and Angular (Onsite/Hybrid)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Clearing and Settlement Product Development Team (in Network Processing) to help design, enhance and build our Edit Package application. You will work with colleagues closely to create design documents, code, test, and implement new features, as well as modifications, and corrections to existing software. In this role, you will provide technology leadership in development of Business Enhancement projects by helping to drive project planning, estimation, and technology planning.
- Work with stakeholders (business/product) across groups to develop and refine technical specifications
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets technical requirements
- Clearly communicate to management on the status of projects or other issues
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plan
- Coach and mentor junior engineers on the team and help them remove barriers
- Leading and motivating team of developers toward given targets
- Design projects and deliver well tested solutions
- Building web applications including both frontend and backend using the latest technologies.
- Write software code following best practices and must meet security requirements.
- Ability to support product with 24x7 rotational pager
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• 3 year of experience in NodeJS and Angular equivalent UI framework to develop web applications
• 10-12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or more than 8-10 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Extensive technical experience with full stack HTTP, REST APIs, Angular, Node.js, JSON and databases
• Experience in Agile with Jira for software development and delivery
• Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
• Hands-on experience with Linux (preferred) and Windows
• Knowledge of functional programming languages like C++ or C# is desired
• Working familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US