Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £6 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £1 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here
. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles
Our excellent customer service and the great rates we offer have won us loads of awards. Money Supermarket named us their 'Best Personal Loans Provider' and we were voted 'Most Trusted Loan Provider' for the 7th consecutive year by consumers in the Moneywise Customer Service Awards.
As a Customer Service Specialist, you’ll be on the front line, interacting with both prospective and existing customers daily via Phone, Email and Live Chat, helping to solve queries regarding new loan applications, existing loan management as well as our Credit Card and Savings products!
We’re looking for natural problem-solvers with the ability to relay information clearly to ensure the best possible customer experience. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with customer service experience in a financial services environment paired with a real passion for providing a first-rate customer journey to come in and hit the ground running! 😊
This role operates a shift pattern covering 5 days a week over 37.5 hours through Monday to Sunday covering the hours of 8am-8pm Monday - Friday and 9am - 5:30pm Saturday and Sunday - you will likely work one weekend a month.
You will be required to work in the office one day a week.
A day in the life:
- Answer inbound contact from potential and existing customers via telephone, live chat and email
- Where required, build relationships and trust with new and existing Investors.
- Build relationships with customers, demonstrating a clear understanding of their needs. Going the extra mile to provide resolutions and mitigate complaints
- Provide customers with information on products, services and processes
- Resolve any customer queries and update systems and accounts accordingly
- Action customer requests. For example - taking payments, settlement figures, change of personal details, change DD details
- Administration duties such as customer letters, other departmental requests on customers’ accounts, customer call backs, KYC
- We’re looking for great communication skills, experience in customer services gained within financial services, the ability to demonstrate initiative and the ability to manage administration tasks accurately whilst providing a high level of customer service
- You’ll have experience of dealing with all types of Credit Card enquiries
- You’ll understand the importance of treating customers fairly and hold a track record for going the extra mile to ensure that the customer feels valued
- You’ll have the confidence, patience and flexibility necessary to connect with a wide range of people and adapt effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re able to think on your feet and communicate effectively, asking clarifying questions and offering simple explanations to complex issues
- Alongside your natural rapport-building talents, you are a fast learner with an exceptionally high attention to detail and can adapt efficiently to new concepts and systems.
- You look forward to contributing positively to the team dynamic and hitting the ground running in true Zopian style
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 90 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.