Chief Systems Architect-Data and AI Platform
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Data & AI division is part of the Visa’s technology organization. We are responsible for providing Data & AI Platforms, revenue generating beneficial products and services to our clients and for internal use. The client's access to these services is enabled by Visa Marketplace Services as a set of Data APIs, BI and Analytics products, custom applications, and Data files. The Business Intelligence and Analytics group develops and leads various BI and Analytics products and services.
As the Chief Systems Architect, you will orchestrate the design of a variety of projects in the Visa Marketplace Services group. You will be a collaborator who will be depended upon by the delivery and execution teams to offer technical mentorship and solution designs. In this role, you will introduce new services that improve existing products or enable new products, recommend and voice support for new technologies that will improve the status quo, and offer technical solutions to Visa infrastructure that drive innovation when delivered and perform at a very successful level.
Drive technical solutions which will be large scale, always available, secure, and globally ready used by Visa clients worldwide and with an impact measured in future years. Bring your creative curiosity and technology experience to work every day and help build platforms and solutions that are consumed to build magnificent, fast, reliable, and user-friendly experiences. You will interact with organizational collaborators such as senior executives, senior product managers, and external partners. You will have the opportunity to build technical solutions and influence release roadmaps.
As an innovator, you will work on the platforms and services that will be the foundations for developing and implementing Data products. Be ready to work in a fast-paced agile environment. Ready to engage in technical and architectural discussions with many technical teams, multi-functional reviews with architects, product managers and customers.
- Architect, design & implement Marketplace Portal, Access Management Portal, Web Services & Deployment platforms to enable Data Products
- Evaluate and decides technology stacks for BI & Analytics services
- Develop and maintain architectural roadmap for products and services plus ensuring alignment with the business and enterprise architecture strategies and standards.
- Define POC Scope & complete the POC
- Defines framework for integrating with various analytics technologies that providing authentication and data security
- Partner with Product Management to define BI & Analytics product rollout strategy
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to define the architecture of the Platform and to develop security standards, guidelines, best practices, and reference architectures
- Develop processes and tools that enable Product Development teams to efficiently deploy their services through the Platform
- Review design and developer’s code.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Computer Science or other technology field. Typically requires 15+ years of validated experience in delivering enterprise-class, critically important, commercial, and scalable products, at least 8 of which were in the role of an architect
- Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier & Cloud/Virtual environments
- Extensive experience on Monolithic and Cloud-Native Application architecture design and development of large-scale platforms and applications
- Hands on Domain Driven and Microservices design and implementation on-demand self-service-based applications, Kubernetes and Docker Container based deployment skills of J2EE and MEAN stacks
- Must have strong experience programming in Java.
- Experience in Web Application Development using Open-Source framework such as Angular, React, Hibernate, Jruby, ROR, Node.js and Spring
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on Big Data and cloud computing technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on near real-time Data Streaming implementation
- Experience in implementing search using Elasticsearch, Solr
- Must have strong experience in API design, system and component design.
- SQL/noSQL technology
- Web & Web Services (REST/ SOAP), gRPC
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP(s), REST, JSON)
- Must have strong experience in Micro Services, Service Mesh, Containers, DevOps.
- Experience in Security - Web, Backend (especially B2B security – technologies experience, such as OAuth, key management, message and file gateways), and third-party APIs
- Experience with database technologies such as MongoDB or Cassandra and messaging middleware such as Kafka, ZMQ is a plus
- Experience on application/platform instrumentation, measurement, log data processing, and monitoring.
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Hands on DevOps and CICD lifecycle
- Strong on sophisticated coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- Agile development experience
- Location based services using Google Map, ESRI, Trillium etc. is a plus
- Financial services and/or payments processing confirmed experience is a plus.
- Must have strong verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Should be comfortable facilitating multi-team activities.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US