Senior Data Engineer- Data and AI Platform- BI&A
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of the team building the Next Generation Data processing platform with cost-effective and distributed applications on commodity hardware using outstanding technology components. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be working on different projects within Visa’s Global Merchant Repository environment that serves multiple Visa internal and customer facing applications. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days for downstream applications to get the data on time. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
- You'll use technologies that include Java, Scala, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Machine Learning and more.
- You'll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
- You will build partnerships with product management to make sure that the products we are building deliver real value.
- You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- You have the work and academic experience that will show strength and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems.
- You'll use new technologies to build the next generation of Data pipelines and Data Marts.
- You'll lead efforts to craft and implement various components of our Global Merchant Repository and Merchant Applications
- You'll lead meeting and discussions with multi-functional and non-technical teams.
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and above all, you are an excellent teammate!
2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field
- You have experience with Java, Scala, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Hive based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development (Scrum, Kanban etc) incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, using technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins.
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- While you'll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you're able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You have validated experience to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build the solution.
- You have the passion to work with people and help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging and Unix skills to help support our Operations teams.
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US