Staff Data Engineer II- Data as a Service
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
As a Data Engineer in Data Platform, you will be a part of the Data-as-a-Services development team based in Palo Alto where you will be responsible and accountable for designing and implementing solutions that enable our users to consume data in an efficient, secure, reliable, and simple manner. This position will report to the Director of Data-as-a-Services development.
- Define and deliver high-quality components that help users access and consume data quickly and efficiently for solving their business needs
- Deliver high quality code using sound software development practices
- Ensure implementation follows sound design principles to ensure products meet the highest standards
- Work closely with partners and users to understand the requirements and build the right solution
- Work closely with the development team to implement the required solutions following agile practices
- Work closely with support for ensuring products are built with an eye for operational excellence.
- Identify and drive opportunities for automation and standardization of existing processes
- Establish and implement development and security guidelines in compliance with the Visa standards
- Perform design and code reviews to ensure the product meets the highest standards
- Champion the adoption and integration of new technologies, including open source to deliver effective and efficient solutions
- Work with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and product improvements.
- Coach and mentor team members and help them grow professionally
- 10+ years of industry experience with a Bachelor’s or 8+ years of experience with Masters in Computer Science or equivalent relevant degree
- 7+ years working with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Presto and Spark
- 2+ years working with real-time streaming platforms such as Kafka, KStreams or Flink
- Excellent Java and Python programming skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with good software development practices such as CI/CD, code reviews and test automation
- Experience in building and deploying scalable and resilient products/solutions from the ground-up and owing them in production.
- Strong attitude towards getting things done while maintaining regard for code quality
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of initiatives and comfortable seeking help
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management
- Technologist with a strong drive for keeping up with the developments in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones
- Familiarity with containerization and Kubernetes based deployments
- Preference for ensuring proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Experience with implementing performant and scalable microservices using Restful APIs
- Experience with solutions built using open-source technologies like Hadoop, Kafka or Cassandra
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases like MySQL, DB2, Redis and Cassandra
- Experience in translating business requirements into sound architectural design
- Experience using languages like Scala and Golang. Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- Experience in working with geographically distributed teams
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US