Senior Data Engineer- Data as a Service
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Data Platform is dedicated to provide systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, therefore enabling Visa with the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to enhance technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry.
Work with a team of Data Engineers to deliver high-quality code to assemble large, sophisticated data sets that meet business requirements using sound software development practices
- Hands-on Programming
- Work closely with business partners and data consumers to understand the requirements and build the proper engineering solution
- Work closely and coordinate with the engineering team and crew members to ensure quality products are completed on schedule.
- Identify and drive opportunities for automation and standardization of existing processes.
- Identify problems and lead the team to devise appropriate innovative solutions to unique problems actively
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
- Keep up with current and developing engineering trends.
2 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in a related field
- 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field
- Experience with Java, Scala, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, and Hive based technologies.
- Experience with RDBMS, like DB2 and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Redis, and Cassandra
- Experience with Agile development (scrum, Kanban etc) incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, using technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins.
- Familiarity with containerization and Kubernetes based deployments
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review.
- Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Strong debugging and Unix skills to help support our Operations teams.
- A background in the Reference Data domain knowledge.
- Experience using languages like Scala and Golang.
- Experience in working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience working in or handling open-source software communities
- Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US