Director, Solutioning & Enablement LAC
Visa, Miami FL, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Director, Visa Direct Solutioning & Enablement LAC, will lead the solutioning and enablement strategy in the region, with oversight of technology, rules, policy, tools and processes to scale. The role will lead strategically important engagements with Visa partners that are critical to the success of Visa Direct in LAC region. Starting with early consultation to understand the partner’s needs, on to co-designing a solution with the partner, agreeing on scope and timelines and then managing multiple teams within Visa to develop and implement the agreed solution, the role-holder will have end-to-end engagement responsibility for the Visa Direct project. S/he will work closely with the sub-regional leads in each country to achieve the role’s objectives.
Nature of role
The role requires a broad range of skills and familiarity with digital payment technologies, and a good level of experience in the following areas:
- Money transfer programs over digital platforms that enable payments between persons and merchants (domestic and cross border) and funds disbursement programs using card rails,
- Digital wallets and mobile payments for multiple use cases, with good knowledge around authentication processes and solutions
- Payments ecosystem with focus on acquiring business and acquirer processing capabilities, roles and responsibilities within the ecosystem
- Implementation of strategic projects with partners and leading global roll-outs in the region
- Ability to co-design solutions with partners and guide the development process
- Project management skills and tracking experience of complex initiatives that engage with multiple stakeholders at a global, regional and local level
- B2B client relationships, mostly with senior management and decision making stakeholders
- Global mindset, knowledgeable of different cultural and payment ecosystem landscape and interested in learning about each one of them and their challenges
- Partner relationship management
- Lead teams and communicate with senior-level executives.
- Thought leader in designing the playbook for Visa Direct solutioning and enablement practice for the region.
The role-holder will work closely with companies that are at the leading edge of payments innovation and on projects that have high-visibility and impact. The role-holder should be motivated by managing high-profile, complex projects relatively independently and will be an integral member of the Visa Direct leadership team. Given the strategic nature of the partners involved and the end-to-end responsibility of the role, the role-holder is very well-positioned for recognition and growth.
Key matrices that the candidate would be responsible for would include product readiness in key markets, product scalability, solution best practices and methodology and service quality.
The role would also require briefing country and product executives on product infrastructure readiness, gaps and necessary interventions.
•12+ years of experience, including at least five years of experience in professional services and client engagement in the financial technology domain.
•A good network of technology service suppliers around the region
•A track record delivering and managing financial services technology
•Deep knowledge on scheme based payments
•Experience in working with API and ISO standard financials services systems
•Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge as well as P2P, QR Payment to Merchant
•Real-time-payment platform knowledge is considered a strong asset, but not essential.
•Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary.
•Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and frequent changes
•Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audiences in an approachable way
•Fluent in Spanish and English preferred
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.