Senior Technical Program Manager
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
We are the Data Platform Technology team within Visa. We collaborate with every other team at Visa to deliver on our broad mandate of Data Platforms that are secure, robust, and effective. To achieve this, we continuously and proactively reflect, learn, and commit to develop our platform, our processes, and our people.
We are actively looking for a talented and versatile Senior Technical Program Manager to join our team!
- Accountable for end-to-end planning of one or more projects. Lead and negotiate scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for programs and initiatives.
- As Scrum Master, coaches multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and works cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
- As a change agent, discovers opportunities for process, technology, product and organizational improvements, pilots on a small scale, shares learnings with peers and managers, socializes change and negotiates improvements on a larger scale. Implements checklists, templates and systems to improve coordination across all our projects.
- Asks thoughtful questions to help our customers, product owners, and product managers to maximize ROI and meet company objectives.
- As a change agent, discovers opportunities for Automation and other Process Improvements, then socializes and initiates improvements.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates barriers. Assertively and creatively removes obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering against project objectives.
- Champions and proactively inspires the adoption of key engineering excellence practices including Reflection, Learning, Code Review, Continuous Integration, and Automation.
- Takes initiative to create and grow our learning community, and acts as an Agile and Leadership Champion within the organization, shaping Agile practices within their respective function.
- Provides coaching, mentorship and guidance to practitioners, business, executives within area of expertise. Coaches others to improve technical and leadership capability, and to increase teamwork.
- Implement Visa PMM required project gates and artifacts. In parallel, partner to improve our internal tools and processes with an agile mindset.
- Assists Sr. Director in budget development and management of the project budget for area of responsibility to within defined target.
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
• 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
• Demonstrated curiosity and ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of Data Platform and DevOps projects.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent facilitation skills with ability to influence change at higher levels.
• One or more Agile certifications: CSM, PMI ACP, ICAgile. PMP, or similar detailed knowledge of formal project management processes.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US