Senior Vice President, Insights and Innovation
Visa, San Francisco CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators, and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
About Innovation and Digital Partnerships
The Innovation and Global Digital Partnerships organization leads the development and commercialization of Visa products and solutions for Big Tech, Fintech and Platform partnerships as well as our global network of Innovation Centers. Our Digital and Regional partnerships teams drive engagement, solutions and growth with our global tech partners and develop and deliver our business development approach across our Fintech segments, as well as drive scope and scale of activities, including Big Tech deployments to local platform expansion, across multiple regions. This organization also aligns our commercial partnership activities with platform activation – an important step in accelerating Visa’s revenue growth. The Global Digital Partnerships organization is also critical in elevating and commercializing Visa’s rapidly growing digital currency and crypto capabilities, as well as defining the next phase of Innovation for Visa.
The Strategy & Insights role will work directly with Visa’s SVP, Head of Innovation and Global Digital Partnerships on all internal and external initiatives. This role will help execute the mid- to long-term strategic vision of the Innovation and Global Digital Partnerships, and Crypto teams, playing a significant role in developing and sharing thought leadership for these teams and for Visa more broadly. This role requires a “builder’s mindset” and will have significant responsibilities for developing insight-rich solutions that address common challenges for clients and anticipates potential challenges to overcome. The role will use high level analysis, research, and data to identify new areas of opportunity and enhance what is already working well, including setting up processes and systems that will drive seamless experiences and help ensure we are focused on the right priorities for our clients and partners. Additionally, this role will lead the Innovation Centers/Studios across the globe, identifying emerging trends and insights to create a globally synergistic network between Innovation Centers, Innovation Studios, Product and Strategy teams that helps develop the next generation of clients and solutions. The individual in this role will be skilled at developing and communicating strategic insights and ambitions effectively across the organization, enabling direct teams and cross functional teams to leverage these insights into their own work planning and delivery. This role will have significant interaction with the Innovation and Global Digital Partnerships Leadership team, the members of the Product Leadership team and occasionally members of the Executive Committee and other senior leaders.
- Utilize business intelligence to form actionable insights that help drive key business results for our Innovation and Digital Partnerships organization
- Educate salesforce on category trends, insights and business intelligence
- Oversee portfolio of internal and external initiatives that contribute to the organization’s strategic objectives, provide coaching and support as necessary to business leads
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Innovation and Global Digital Partnerships to manage the development and execution of the team’s strategic objectives and how this ties back to Visa’s mission and purpose.
- Work across all pillars of the Innovation, Global Digital Partnerships, and Crypto teams to identify emerging trends, synthesize trends, and then develop insights to shape the strategy of these teams
- Define, deliver, and monitor success metrics globally and regionally and use insights to develop internal and external presentations, communications, executive briefings to partner with Corporate Strategy and Product teams to execute a cohesive strategy that informs future roadmaps and long-term initiatives.
- Significant decision-making authority for how this organization maintains and grows across multiple products and solutions, including further commercializing product partnerships in Big Tech, Fintech, and Platforms
- Develop a strategy for bridging the gap between Visa’s traditional clients (e.g., issuers) by sharing what we are seeing in big tech, fintech, crypto, etc.
- Based on primary (largely applied) research/work synthesize themes and trends relevant to us, our clients and our industry
- Deliver thought leadership that shapes the overall direction of Innovation & Global Digital Partnerships, as well as Visa (as appropriate)
- Form insight-rich solutions and create a framework that can be used globally for addressing common challenges for clients and anticipate potential challenges to overcome (e.g., assess individual pilots to understand global relevance, broader use cases, etc.)
- Identify new areas of opportunity and enhance what is working well, setting up processes and systems to drive seamless experiences that ensure we are focused on the right priorities for our clients and partners, today and tomorrow
Innovation Centers and Studios
- Manage multiple teams across the Innovation Centers and Innovation Studios as well as work across multiple functions to communicate trends and formulate a collaborate strategy for org-wide initiatives that help transform Visa’s approach to Innovation.
- Lead regional Innovation Centers/Studios, developing the strategy to deliver products that challenge the status quo and surpass client expectations internally and externally, and building regional capability for centers where there is the greatest impact/opportunity
- Pilot new approaches to exploring the next generation of products and solutions (and cultivating the next generation clients)
- Manage emerging technology work for Visa, including identifying trends, finding new areas of opportunity to explore that Visa hasn’t stepped in yet, and providing thought leadership on proof of concepts, pilots, new use cases, and RFP responses.
- Ensure line of sight to near-term, medium-term and future strategic priorities across our Innovation Centers/Studios
- Frequent and deep collaboration with the Product organization, Sales, Marketing, and across the Product Leadership team and other executive leaders to create a compelling strategy for the future of Visa’s innovation centers
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of clients' business strategy, operations and competitive landscape and use that to inform Visa’s innovation strategy to establish compelling business cases that mobilize others to adopt new strategies for partnering with clients to co-develop meaningful solutions that address business needs/challenges
- Stay abreast of key trends that shape industries and markets and capitalize on emerging business opportunities to develop commercially viable products and services
- Continuously assess strategic talent needs and lead initiatives to evolve structure in the organization to support business strategy more effectively
• 15 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
• 18 years + of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD, PhD) or expanding leadership roles with experience in product and solution development and delivery, strategy and business planning, and operational process design and management
• Should be an excellent creative thinker and problem solver.
• Demonstrated skill in gaining credibility with and respect of high-performing leaders within and outside the organization.
• Experience on a management or leadership team.
• Well-developed persuasion and influence skills
• Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
• Ability to synthesize data, identify themes and develop customizable approaches to address customer and organizational needs.
• Strong collaborative spirit but the ability to work independently.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.