Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Merchant and Co-Brand Partners
Visa, San Francisco CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VCA provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s largest issuers and merchants in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
The VCA team is looking for a T&E Segment Director to join our consulting practice and to play a role developing high impact projects for Visa’s clients in the North America region. The potential candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with Merchants & Co-Brand Travel and Entertainment Partners. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner. The T&E Director will also be responsible for driving VCA T&E segment pipeline by identifying new business opportunities and building trusted client relationships.
Potential engagements will include those aimed at the partner’s core business as well as their payments offering including product development, program launch, customer acquisition, customer / merchant life cycle optimization, new merchant partnerships, retention enhancement, benchmark analysis and profitability enhancement to name a few.
Essential functions include -
- Leading consulting initiatives, managing cross-functional project teams and delivering upon engagement commitments
- Developing frameworks, approaches and recommendations that effectively address the most relevant opportunities and challenges of our merchant clients
- Generating actionable insights, analyses and solutions that will help clients to evolve and grow their co-brand portfolios and to improve merchant engagement in their core business
- Building and managing a project pipeline for T&E merchants and co-brand clients, from identifying potential opportunities through scoping the associated engagement
- Understanding industry dynamics, Merchants’ business models, product offerings and demonstrating knowledge of their core business and competitive differentiation
- Partnering with the Account Team to identify engagement opportunities that build on client’s priorities and address their unique pain-points
- Becoming a trusted partner to the Account Team and a key contributor to nurturing and building the client relationship
- Collaborating with peers in other functional areas (e.g., merchants sales and solutions, marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global and regional teams to execute projects using the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Creating T&E specific payments insights and building scalable solutions, toolkits and best practice documents that can be applied across the broader VCA practice
- Engaging with VCA adjacent teams in regular strategic & planning discussions
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized and detail-oriented individuals. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization.
This is an individual contributor role, reporting into a Senior Director within VCA.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an
Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
• 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an
Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• 5+ years of relevant experience at leading management consulting firm or as a leader of large Co-
• Prior experience working with airlines, lodging and other travel related industries is a plus
• Strong consulting skills, including managing complex engagements
• Knowledge of payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes,
marketing initiatives and card acquiring experience
• Familiarity with merchant’s co-brand and core business P&L, comprehension of critical factors in
driving profitability and familiarity with the intricacies of co-brand cards as drivers of customer
• Executive presence including excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal,
and ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations
• Demonstrated leadership, managerial and collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are
not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
• Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual rigor and the ability to draw meaningful
insights from disperse data outputs
• Proven track record of owning & executing on large cross functional initiatives, projects and
• Strong problem-solving skills, able to make quick decisions in complex environments and capable
of handling numerous projects concurrently
• Holding self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective deliverables
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.