Staff Software Test Engineer, Senior Consultant
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Essential Functions – As a Staff Test Engineer – Sr Consultant, you will be responsible for leading team of test engineers. You will be responsible for designing, creating, and executing test plans and test cases for the Emerging Services applications. You will be responsible for reviewing requirements, assessing the appropriate course for testing, executing to those plans and ensuring all anomalies and issues are addressed appropriately. You will also be responsible of mentoring and providing guidance to other team members and help them grow. You will also be responsible for exploring newer technologies and trends in area of Test Engineering. You will be responsible for partnering and collaborating with other teams to deliver high quality product.
You will be executing and analyzing manual tests, existing automated tests and growing and updating the automated test suites as functionality, products and technologies continue to evolve.
Demonstrate Visa's core values, maintaining a delivery-focused approach
Cultivate, support and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, collaboration and innovation
Mentor and guide other team members
Design, create, execute and report on functional tests against multiple applications, services and projects
Create systems and test documentation per organizational standards
Ensure compliance with audit and security requirements for all testing activities
Actively seek opportunities to evolve and improve the existing standards and practices to improve efficiency
Identify and document software/system defects in a clear, timely manner
Assume responsibility for following up and ensuring identified defects are resolved and validated
Identify and troubleshoot system, integration or operability issues working with other departments as needed
Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork
Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT Development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and high quality deliverables
Coordinate and collaborate with our globally distributed team
Create, modify and improve automated test suites and frameworks
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• Excellent knowledge of Java and Java Scripting.
• Experience in API Testing and UI Testing
• Excellent knowledge of REST APIs
• Extensive experience in testing APIs and UI applications using Test Automation Tools
• Experience leading team of Test Engineers
• Strong Knowledge of Mongo DB
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology related field.
• 10 or more years of hands-on Quality Assurance experience.
• Excellent Knowledge of how APIs and UI application works
• Excellent knowledge of Test automation tools
• Experience leading team of Test Engineers spread across different locations
• Excellent knowledge of Java
• General business knowledge of financial systems
• Basic understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• 8 plus years of strong technical experience with web applications and web services
• Strong understanding of Agile, scrum and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
• Experience in Browser testing.
• Strong Experience in usability testing and Accessibility testing a plus
• Ability to write and execute complex SQL queries to validate data a plus
• Experience with Test management tools like Jira, ALM, Share point, Wiki
• Strong understanding of various test and development methodologies such as TDD, BDD, and ATDD is a plus
• Strong Experience with Automation tools like QTP/UFT, Selenium RC/Web driver, Karate DSL, Cypress
• Tandem / Connex Advantage and/or Mainframe experience is a plus
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US