Lead Systems Architect- Machine Learning Platform
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
We will take a data-driven approach and are passionate about having a culture of learning fast and constantly iterating towards success. The solutions you will help build will have a multiplier effect across all of Visa.
- Understand business requirements from senior collaborators and translate these into clear technical requirements for the development team.
- Plan and detail technical specifications for features and system design.
- Design, build, and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements.
- Advise the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications.
- Write testable, scalable, and efficient code.
- Lead code reviews to keep high quality of code.
- Mentor junior team members and ensure that software quality standards are met. Leads in risk mitigation and monitor workflow.
- Establish new standards and best practices to supervise, test, automate, and maintain IT components or system.
- Serve as an authoritative resource in disaster recovery and disaster recovery planning.
- Monitor data management solutions and identify optimization opportunities.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Has a track record as a team leader, at least 8 years.
- Proven experience in software development and machine-learning processes.
- Excellent in mentoring and coaching.
- Proficient in problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Phenomenal communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent in software architecture, data structures, and graph algorithms.
- Experienced with high-performance imperative languages.
- Adept in working in an agile environment.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of responsibilities.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US