Director of Software Development – Machine Learning Platform
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As the leader of the Data & AI organization at Palo Alto, California, you will work in a rapid-paced environment leading various Data and System Engineering teams developing next generation solutions for Visa. You will have accountability for strategy, planning, hiring, vendor management, and overall execution & delivery of multiple for Visa’s Machine Learning Platform(MLP). You will face big challenges and question the status quo. You will change the way data products are developed at Visa with this initiative. You will build upon an established Data Science research and development practice for Data Products, focused on machine learning, AI, and analytics.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to effectively lead multiple work streams. You should have had experience collecting or analyzing engineering data and using this data to drive business decisions.
In this role, you will orchestrate product development and engineering efficiency in product teams by delivering data services, tools, and systems that will accelerate creating products featuring the best customer experience with the highest reliability, security, and outcome for Visa. You will also guide the Data Science, M/L, NLP, Engineering Fundamentals for development teams at Visa. This includes engaging in technical and functional discussions with all the engineering teams.
We will take a data-driven approach and are passionate about having a culture of learning fast and constantly iterating towards success. You will wear different hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership. The solutions you help create will have a multiplier effect across all of Visa.
- Implements the vision for the Data & AI organization, ensuring delivery of differentiating data products and services for Visa and its partners. The successful candidate is continually engaged in leading and inspiring the teams in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- Build on an established Data Science research and development practice for Data Products, focused on machine learning, AI, and analytics for the payments industry
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in working with various technology teams and business collaborators to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies.
- Promote developer productivity solutions and systems across all the development teams to drive adoption.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Provide feedback into core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy.
- We are looking for a top-tier individual to drive innovative data product development in and around Visa
- Lead, grow and mentor a team of 15+ engineers, Data Scientists, Analysts & Directors
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong background in Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Data Science
- Experience leading teams in building sophisticated real-time, near real-time data processing pipelines on Big Data (Hadoop/Spark etc.)
- Strong data analysis skills a must. Be able to mentor Data Scientists and Engineers on standard methodologies and development & production of sophisticated models
- Significant experience implementing large-scale projects, using a geographically distributed technology organization in a highly matrixed environment
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- Strong business analytical skills to develop technical and functional requirements, use cases, user story maps and other related artifacts
- Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business requirements and long-term product goals
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools e.g. JIRA, JIRA Align etc.
- Ability to work in a complex environment, Global/International experience, and the ability to work across cultures and time zones
- Positive influencing skills both verbally and through the preparation of written materials in order to build relationships and efficiently communicate business needs to internal technology groups
- Ability to interface and cultivate excellent working relationships both within technology, business and vendors
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US