Senior Software Engineer - Business Intelligence
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Business Intelligence & Analytics organization is central to Visa’s growth strategy for payments by leveraging its key asset - DATA! We are an integral part of the Data & AI within Visa’s Global Technology organization.
Our focus is to develop business intelligence and analytics products for Visa’s internal business & technology teams, and external clients. We have extensive knowledge of Visa’s core functional areas including data, analytics, BI, and data science. Our teams are located in Bangalore, Austin, and Palo Alto.
We are passionate about Data… each day, we work tirelessly to ensure our +4,000 Visa internal business users have access to critical information assets needed to operate, we provide competitive metrics and insights to +2,000 external Visa’s clients, and deliver timely merchant data and intelligence to +75% of internal business systems, and several industry partners.
Areas for which you will have responsibility:
Assist management in development of products by helping to drive project planning, estimation, budget, resource forecasting, and technology planning.
Review business requirement, developing conceptual approaches, designing and development of various portal components.
Develop innovative UI/UX solutions to support complex visualizations
Work closely with data architects, application development to design and develop and implement UI/UX solutions using shared architecture
Collaborate with project and development teams to ensure on time delivery of projects, production support plans, and knowledge transfer for long-term supportability of upgrades, enhancements, and deployments.
Identify existing productivity issues and opportunities, develop methods and systems to improve these functions, and manage their implementation.
Develop close working relationships and dependencies with members of teams within the organization
Design applications utilizing all possible information delivery channels.
Work with the application development team to develop custom screens and applications using frameworks.
Understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to builds plan to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
Work with the leads to develop, program and test features to ensure that projects delivered within timelines and fulfill expectations.
Conduct training for internal reporting team and end-user training for both technical and business users.
Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on software development or support issues
No direct reports, and no managerial duties, or responsibilities. Individual contributor level position.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both home and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week, Monday (Sunday in some countries where Sunday is the start of the week) and Wednesdays. Wednesdays are designated as in-office collaboration days. The third day in the office will be decided based on team needs and determined in partnership with senior leadership.
2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Experienced technologist with a minimum of 2+ years of hands-on experience in UI/UX development
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required, advanced degree is a plus
• Minimum of 2+ years of software development experience (with a concentration in web-centric initiatives), with demonstrated expertise in leveraging standard development best practice methodologies
• Minimum of 2+ or more years of hands-on expertise Java or any other scripting / programming language
• Expertise with Object-Oriented design and development, Web Services (REST/ SOAP), Microservices Architecture, and Service Oriented Architecture
• Developing data-enabling software utilizing open-source frameworks or projects such as Spring, React JS, Node JS, SOLR, Drools, etc.
• Extensive experience with modern web frameworks, libraries and tools (React, Angular, Bootstrap, D3, Webpack)
• Experience with relational databases (ex UDB and MySQL) and SQL development experience is required
• Experience with hands-on expertise with Hadoop and Big Data tools and applications will be a plus
• Possess superb business analytic ability as well as astute awareness of state-of-the-art and best practices for consumer analytics, knowledge management, interactive near real time processing and data visualization
• Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
• Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Git and Docker
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US