Chief Systems Architect- Machine Learning Platform
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As the leader of the Data & AI organization at Palo Alto, California, you will work in a rapid-paced environment leading various Data and System Engineering teams developing next generation solutions for Visa. You will have accountability for strategy, planning, hiring, vendor management, and overall execution & delivery of multiple for Visa’s Machine Learning Platform (MLP). You will impact the way data products are developed at Visa with this initiative. You will build upon an established Data Science research and development practice for Data Products, passionate about machine learning, AI, and analytics.
The Chief System Software Architect role will entail hands-on leadership to the entire engineering team. We need a ground-breaking inspiring leader who is experienced in developing scalable business solutions. You have to have a strong understanding of Big Data and analytics, outstanding communication and negotiation skills, and can spot potential within the team and honing them to be a valuable asset for our company.
- Provide inspiring leadership among software engineers and architects.
- Make high-level decisions about technology directions and strategies.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Coordinate the development, testing, and implementation of technical solutions and prioritizing critical production issues resolutions.
- Share knowledge and promote standard methodologies for solving Machine Learning issues.
- Lead the production of scalable, replicable code and engineering solutions that help automate repetitive data management tasks
- Monitor outstanding security measures considering evolving threat landscape
- Blend AI and ML techniques on the Data Engineering tool chain to ensure operational efficiency and data quality and security
- Handle system integration, sustainability and feasibility
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the team
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
- More than 10 years of Extensive experience in core Software Development, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence and Analytics architecture, Data Model Design, Programming Skills and Analytical Software.
- Experience in a senior technical leadership position.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management.
- Strong technical attitude and analytical approach.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payment services Jobs For You
OFFICE ASSISTANT (VETERANS AFFAIRS WORK-STUDY FUNDED ONLY)
University of Michigan, Flint Michigan, US
Wealth Management Team - Service Specialist - Greater San Fran...
Fidelity Investments, Los Angeles California, US