Senior Recruiter, Business
Justworks, New York, NY
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are eager to take a deep dive into the ins and outs of an organization. You know how to build a solid pipeline of candidates according to company goals and culture. You are friendly, responsive, and are confident in your ability to leave potential hires with a positive, lasting impression.
As a Senior Recruiter, you will be an integral part of Justworks’ long-term growth and success. You will leverage your understanding of full-cycle recruiting, from sourcing to hire. You will experiment with new and unexpected tactics in your sourcing approach, rather than stick to traditional best practices. You will create custom outreach and meaningful candidate engagement while partnering with our managers. You will be closing candidates to meet company goals, while maintaining the high standards and value-driven culture we've built to date.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
Recruiting Life Cycle
- Own full life cycle recruiting inclusive of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at each stage
- Own and drive the negotiation and offer process effectively and in a timely manner
- Identify/clarify hiring needs and core competencies, use historical hiring data, and external market insights to build a data-driven Recruiting strategy
- Proactively source and screen to build and maintain a robust talent pipeline
- Use your subject matter expertise to offer out of the box solutions to talent strategies
- Build/maintain, execute, and own social media strategy includes, but is not limited to promoting open roles, highlighting teams, products, etc. inclusive of a DEIB lens, in partnership with your Hiring Leader(s)
- Develop robust internal/external partnerships, industry-related groups
- Keep up to date with new recruiting methods, industry, and market trends; assist in developing a consistent and sustainable recruiting strategy inclusive of a DEIB lens
- Partner with hiring leaders to plan, execute and drive thoughtful candidate experience minded interview plans
- Advocate for talent during the candidate assessment process and empower hiring teams to deliver candidate experience excellence
- Build strong partnerships with Business Leaders and People Business Partners to understand business priorities and anticipate hiring challenges/needs
- Host quarterly pulse check and data review with Key Stakeholders to ensure alignment, consistency, and accountability
- Build, execute and drive custom Recruiting Playbooks for your dedicated departments to align with the business leaders, set a clear path/vision and drive accountability
- Educate, guide and coach hiring leaders through each step of the hiring process
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the business by connecting dots for translating business needs into executable action plans
- Demonstrate a consultative approach, sharing relevant hire insights and industry trends to develop creative solutions for hiring managers
- Work cross-functionally and develop strong relationships with hiring managers through strategy meetings, status updates, and constant communication
- Identify opportunities to further your business acumen with your dedicated departments and Justworks. Share with TA Leaders on your recommendation and plan of action for items that pertain to Talent Attraction/Hiring in relation to business insights
- Drive and maintain a high standard of candidate experience through effective communication and consistent follow-through, in-depth screens to assess potential candidates and candidate advocacy
- Collaborate with program partners and assist with Recruiting-driven events, conferences, etc.
- Partner with Recruiters at all levels to provide guidance on strategy, relationship management, etc., and serve as a trainer/coach to impart your own skills and expertise
- Identify opportunities to expand vendor partnerships and manage current vendors
- Following headcount planning, partner with your Business Leaders proactively to create scalable solutions
Data & Insights
- Use data and insights to develop innovative, creative recruiting/sourcing strategies and proactively build a robust pipeline of candidates for critical and repeat roles to align with short term and long-term business goals
- Help to maintain our applicant tracking system with a strong emphasis on data integrity to meet compliance policies
- Participate in or lead project teams involved in talent attraction/hiring, recruiting strategy, process improvement, content, training, TA culture, and more!
- Design and lead training opportunities to further enhance the Talent Acquisition team
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Recruiter, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately results in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual, and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the root cause and shares the right or a better, way of doing things.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing, and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks, developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Decision quality - makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward, relying on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie – Day-to-day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience working in a high-volume recruiting environment in-house and/or agency preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and tailor support across multiple hiring managers
- Excellent research/sourcing skills including x-ray and Boolean source strings
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and natural ability to establish trust and credibility
- Results-driven and metrics-oriented
- Resourceful and able to proactively anticipate needs and provide solutions
- Self-starter, comfortable with a rapidly changing office environment
- Interested in entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Please Note: We believe Justworks has a responsibility to support efforts to get as many people vaccinated as possible. We’re committed to safeguarding the well-being of our employees, their families and the broader community from the risks associated with COVID-19. Because this position requires onsite work, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Justworks will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated in accordance with its obligations pursuant to applicable federal, state, provincial, and local law.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
They are passionate about helping small businesses succeed, and this is reflected in everything they do. In fact, Justworks was founded to help entrepreneurs focus on what matters most: growing their businesses and creating better places for people to work.
Justworks employees enjoy a collaborative and welcoming environment, where transparency and openness are encouraged. Along with access to rich benefits, a prime NYC location, and no shortage of dogs at work, you'll learn from some of the brightest and influential thought leaders in the startup community.
If you want to grow in an entrepreneurial environment, build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, then Justworks may just be your place.
Want to learn more about Justworks? Visit Justworks's website.
Recruiting Jobs For You
IRS - Accepting Resumes from Veteran Recruitment Appointment (...
U.S. Department of the Treasury, Thousand Oaks California, US
IRS - Accepting Resumes from Veteran Recruitment Appointment (...
U.S. Department of the Treasury, West Chester Ohio, US