Your favourite restaurants, delivered fast to your door.
Deliveroo’s technology products provide our global portfolio of +100,000 restaurant partners a path to long term growth: a key part of our mission to become the definitive food company. To help us pave the path for a massive 2021 and beyond, we’re building our tech recruiting team in the UK, India and across Europe.
We're looking for a specialist Engineering Recruiter to join our Software Engineering team led by Sashi Somavarapu. We’re offering permanent and contract roles based in the India (preferred - Hyderabad)
What you’ll be doing:
- Hiring: A lot. You’ll manage the full-cycle from creative sourcing to complex closing. You’ll advise on interview best practices, refine processes and build diverse talent pools.
- Problem-solving: You’ll proactively identify opportunities to improve our approach and drive meaningful changes. Leveraging data to influence hiring managers will be key.
- Crafting memorable experiences: You’ll go above and beyond to ensure a great candidate and hiring manager experience. You’ll champion our brand and values to the highest standards.
- Collaborating: Everyone in our team has different strengths and passion areas. You’ll step up to mentor others around you to better the whole team.
What we’re looking for:
- Best-in-class full-cycle tech recruiting experience with a minimum of 4+ yrs of experience. You’ll be creative in your approach and understand the work ethic it takes to hire incredible, diverse tech talent.
- Things are always changing here at Deliveroo. You’ll have plenty of examples of how you’ve adapted quickly and stepped up to drive process improvements.
- You won’t be afraid to talk about your failures and what you’ve learned. We’re looking for self-reflective recruiters who take ownership of their own development.
- You’ll keep your sense of humour in an environment of unrelenting pace with plenty of challenges to tackle :)
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
About us Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.