Recruiting Manager, Australia
DoorDash, Melbourne, Australia
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
About the Team
The DoorDash Recruiting Team is focused on building DoorDash culture, one quality hire at a time. We partner with hiring teams to design and execute recruiting strategies that enable DoorDash to hire exceptional talent in the most efficient and unbiased ways.
Our focus areas are:
RECRUITING STRATEGY--We partner with hiring teams to design recruiting strategies & processes to consistently attract and hire amazing people at scale.
BUILDING RECRUITING CAPABILITIES--We develop and build capabilities in the people of DoorDash to be an extension of the Recruiting team, increasing their skills and confidence in assessing quality talent with an eye on creating diverse & inclusive teams.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE--We manage the finesse of the interview scheduling and logistics to create a memorably personalized and unparalleled candidate experience.
QUALITY OF HIRE--We are a true partner in hiring; it's our job to help managers ensure we take a structured approach to hiring to ensure we are hiring only the best for DoorDash!
The majority of the Recruiting team is based in San Francisco, CA (our headquarters) and Phoenix, AZ as well as recruiters in Chicago, Denver and New York.
About the Role
We're looking for a Recruiting Manager to help build our business recruiting machine. DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and you will play a critical role in helping shape the function responsible for our future products and expansion.
As one of our Managers of Business Recruiting, it is your responsibility to develop and drive recruiting strategy ranging from capacity planning, community partnerships, recruiter/sourcer productivity, progress reports, talent engagement, hiring events,etc. We are looking for someone to bring their unique background to help us solve challenges with a new approach. As a leader at DoorDash, you will act as a strategic partner for leaders across all functions to identify talent needs, implement sourcing and scaling solutions, deliver innovative programs for diversity recruitment and drive the team to deliver against our bold and dynamic hiring plans.
You will report to our Sr. Director of International, Sales and Support Talent Acquisition who is based at DoorDash’s HQ in CA.
You're Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will...
- Help lead DoorDash’s recruiting and sourcing strategy with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs for all functions.
- Attract, develop and retain a Talent Acquisition team of all levels and capabilities.
- Deploy forecasting, reporting and analytics rigor to track key recruiting and sourcing metrics and measure progress against team OKRs (objectives and key results)
- Deliver ongoing reports to track results, progress to goal, impact, hiring quality and cost-effectiveness of the Recruiting team.
- Use information to detect trends/insights and adjust the strategy to optimize the impact of the team.
- Proactively communicate strategy updates and team productivity to leadership and hiring teams.
- Provide expert guidance to our leaders and hiring managers to attract, select, onboard, and retain highly-skilled diverse candidates.
- Lead and mentor team members with a focus on industry knowledge and innovation.
- Meaningfully contribute to org planning and design, and implement and maintain processes, tools, and systems needed to scale and support the recruiting team in the short and long-term.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are an authentic, inspiring and hands-on leader with experience driving, building and scaling recruiting teams in hyper-growth environments. Previous experience managing virtual/remote teams is a plus.
- You are a beacon for the best recruiters and sourcers; they seek you out and will follow you anywhere.
- You have 10+ years of recruiting/sourcing or equivalent business experience, with at least 4 years of experience leading high-performing teams. Having managed and overseen hiring for multiple functions is a plus. Previous strategy/operations recruiting experience is also a plus.
- You build trusted relationships with people at all levels, across multiple functions and in all geographies.
- You have a bias for action and have an inner drive and fierce commitment to excel in the pursuit of business goals.
- You possess a penchant for seeking out new experiences, knowledge and candid feedback and an openness to learning and change.
- You have the courage to take on difficult goals and bounce back from adversity in the face of challenges.
- You have an understanding of technology and/or logistics industries and extensive experience leading in-house, geographically dispersed recruiting/sourcing teams.
- You're skilled at using data and analytics to develop insights and drive decisions.
- You have a strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion play a key role in a company’s success, track record of leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals and proven success working with internal and external diversity partners.
- You have adaptable and superior communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) at all levels (IC to Exec/BOD).
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Visit DoorDash's website.
Recruiting Jobs For You
IRS - Accepting Resumes from Veteran Recruitment Appointment (...
U.S. Department of the Treasury, Thousand Oaks California, US
IRS - Accepting Resumes from Veteran Recruitment Appointment (...
U.S. Department of the Treasury, West Chester Ohio, US