Recruiting Operations Specialist
Justworks, New York, NY
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You have an eye for detail and a knack for making complex processes and operations seem easy. You have a deep passion for recruiting and care deeply for the candidate experience. You are proactive with the tendency to form actionable insights and to get things done. Your presence exudes compassion, integrity, and professionalism when interacting with others. You greatly believe in developing long-term solutions versus short-term quick fixes but you are able to hustle when needed.
As a member of Justworks’ Recruiting team, you will be an integral part of Justworks’ growth and success by executing Recruiting Operations processes and ensuring they are documented and compliant, driving efficiency and inclusivity. You will partner with recruiting team members, hiring managers, and cross-functional stakeholders, scaling our talent acquisition systems, tools, and processes to support our growing people and business needs.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Design and launch processes, workflows, and automation that drive internal efficiencies, uplevel the effectiveness of our TA team, and deliver greater value to our candidates and internal stakeholders.
- Develop best practices within our TA systems and tools with a focus on scalability and automation.
- Assist the team with producing and maintaining operational documents including process workflows, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Work closely with the TA team to proactively and regularly identify challenges that require operational solutions.
- Interface with our business operations and people ops teams to surface candidate needs, and collaborate cross-functionally to design and implement solutions.
- Successfully own and deliver on recruiting projects and processes that improve the team's ability to hit KPIs with support and guidance from recruiters/managers.
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a People Operations Specialist, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual, and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Decision quality - makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward, relying on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Nimble learning- actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Adaptability- the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Systems thinking- the ability to look at overall systems holistically and understand how things work within the system through the exploration of interdependencies and inter-relationships (context and connections).
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a talent acquisition operations role, autonomously building out processes and optimizing workflows
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets and Excel (Tableau and Google Data Studio skills, a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of the Applicant Tracking System Greenhouse
- Ability to develop long-term solutions versus short-term quick fixes, and high volume automation
- Excellent attention to detail, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skill
- A customer-centric mentality that is eager to resolve questions and issues
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to quickly prioritize in a fast-moving environment
- Self-starter, highly motivated, eager to improve everything you touch
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to influence cross-functional leaders
Please Note: In accordance with New York City public health requirements, and because this position requires onsite work, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Justworks will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
They are passionate about helping small businesses succeed, and this is reflected in everything they do. In fact, Justworks was founded to help entrepreneurs focus on what matters most: growing their businesses and creating better places for people to work.
Justworks employees enjoy a collaborative and welcoming environment, where transparency and openness are encouraged. Along with access to rich benefits, a prime NYC location, and no shortage of dogs at work, you'll learn from some of the brightest and influential thought leaders in the startup community.
If you want to grow in an entrepreneurial environment, build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, then Justworks may just be your place.