DoorDash, San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Austin, TX; Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
About the Team
The DoorDash Executive Recruiting Team is a newly formed team of talent advisors focused on discovering and hiring the best leaders to empower DoorDash's growth.
We're hiring Executive Recruiters for our Tech and Business areas as we invest in and expand our leadership team at DoorDash. As an Executive Recruiter at DoorDash, you will play an integral role in executing against some of our most complex leadership searches at the Director, Senior Director and Vice President levels, across a variety of business functions. You will be responsible for developing and executing robust and inclusive search strategies, as well as proactively introducing top talent to our business leaders for the purpose of long-term relationship cultivation and networking. Individually and in partnership with Researchers, you will build out talent networks and develop trusted relationships with executives in the market on behalf of DoorDash.
DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and you will play a critical role in shaping the function responsible for attracting our future. This role will report into the Senior Director of Executive Recruiting.
What You'll Do
- Project manage a portfolio of executive searches in a domain or function area
- Act as a thought partner and talent advisor to DoorDash’s Leadership team by leveraging your domain expertise, market knowledge and strong external network to solve for near-term and long-term talent needs
- Run thorough and inclusive search processes in either a full cycle capacity or in partnership with the research team; establish and uphold a high bar for excellence in search execution
- Continue to build a strong external network with targeted leadership talent on behalf of DoorDash
- Play a critical role in building out the executive recruiting function at DoorDash
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of recruiting experience, including at least 2 years of executive recruiting experience (Director+ level).
- Strong client management skills; ability to successfully lead and influence senior stakeholders through the complexities and challenges of competitive leadership search processes.
- A talent advisor; ability to leverage a strong talent network and market intelligence to advise and influence clients as they make leadership hiring decisions
- Ability to cultivate long-term relationships with top talent in the marketplace and to facilitate proactive relationship building between your external network and key DoorDash leaders.
- Strong project management and communication skills and a passion for executive search
- Experience in solving complex problems and delivering impact in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.