Senior Technical Recruiter - Engineering
Elastic, United States
Solving World Data Problems
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic’s technical recruiting team partners with experts in the fields of Search, Security and Observability (we get to call them hiring managers) to grow their teams and Elastic’s highly respected and technical products. Our recruiters own their day - full life-cycle to us includes candidate identification, client engagement and working with operations and compensation to make the hire. It also means having a full life, with opportunity to work fully remote or drop into our hub sites and benefits that are designed to help match the needs for all Elasticians. Fridays are always busy days for recruiters, so we appreciate the 2 Fridays a month that the whole company shuts down.
This is a remote role and open to where you are in the United States.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Engage talent — Identify the right people, get them engaged, and lead the candidate experience through the full hiring process
- Build strategic relationships with your hiring teams. We are a global and forward-thinking team which means you will work with a variety of roles : Front- to Backend developers, QA, Writers, Product Management, UX. You will craft and enhance a consistent and outstanding candidate experience
- Lead all candidate searches with a strong lens on diversity and inclusion. Be a trusted resource for how critical inclusive talent strategies are to truly finding the best candidate for the role and the company.
- Champion and foster our hiring process to provide a consistent experience with the Elastic recruiting team
- Participate with the global recruiting team to develop, implement, and execute recruiting strategies. Our distributed model means working with global teams and candidates, with the freedom to focus on the right candidate, regardless of location.
- Be a passionate Elastic brand ambassador before, during, and after recruitment. Help us build our talent brand in addition to our talent pipeline
What You Bring Along:
- 5+ years of recruiting experience across a range of positions and teams, ideally from both and agency and corporate environment with experience hiring complex and/or senior-level positions
- Experience collaborating with and influencing senior hiring managers and executives throughout the recruiting cycle. A passion for understanding what makes the right match for Elastic.
- Experience recruiting for a fast-paced company. Maybe it's a software company and/or, better yet, even a company where talent isn't knocking down your door
- Champion diversity - go beyond the corporate speak of DEI recruiting to be what a true champion is - focused, energized, takes the time to master the art and science, becomes an authority and is someone the team looks up to.
- Solid understanding of ATS tools (Greenhouse a bonus!) and recruiting technologies
- Ability to effectively articulate the Elastic value proposition and story to candidates
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.